Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy watch & whatsapp

(Topic created on: 21-11-2018 03:43 AM)
Whatsapp1
Explorer
Options

Hi I got my new rose gold samsung watch yesterday and cannot seem to get my WhatsApp notifications or messages on it. I cant find any information on it on the internet or if there is a 3rd party to use. Can you help please.

183 REPLIES 183
DF8
Student
Options

I don't use the watch for calls either but I do like to see who is calling (receiving the caller ID on the watch). This should be able to include WhatsApp caller ID as well. Any solutions?

0 Likes
Brian007
Navigator
Options

@DF8 wrote:

I don't use the watch for calls either but I do like to see who is calling (receiving the caller ID on the watch). This should be able to include WhatsApp caller ID as well. Any solutions?

Not at the moment. I think it might have something to do with the calls being  seen as end to end encryption via wifi and it might be seen as a security risk. If I hear of a fix I'll let you know.

Justme2
Student
Options
I did the same and it was ok after I restarted the watch.
0 Likes
DF8
Student
Options

@Justme2 wrote:
I did the same and it was ok after I restarted the watch.

What did you do? And are you now receiving call notifications on the watch?

0 Likes
Brian007
Navigator
Options

It would appear that there's not a dedicated app for it at the moment, only message notifications. I think WhatsApp will have to amend their app. However this is a reply I got from Samsung help 

Hi, Thanks for your message. WhatsApp Calling allows you make calls through WhatsApp via your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes. (Note: data charges may apply). You can place a call in WhatsApp to any contact that isstored in your phone's address bookwho also has WhatsApp Calling. Below you can find the operating system requirements for the WhatsApp Voice Calling and Video Calling: Voice Calling: AndroidiPhone (iOS 7 and later)Windows Phone (OS 8 and later) Video Calling: Android (OS 4.1+)iPhone (iOS 8.0+)Windows Phone (8.1+) In order for these features to be available please make sure that you are using the latest available version for your device by going here. Note: You can’t access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp. You must make alternative communication arrangements to make emergency calls. Learn more about using WhatsApp Calling on: Android, iPhone or Windows Phone.

This question, as you can see hasn't been answered so I've sent them another follow up to get some clarification.

0 Likes
Brian007
Navigator
Options
It would appear that there's not a dedicated app for it at the moment, only message notifications. I think WhatsApp will have to amend their app. However this is a reply I got from Samsung help 

Hi, Thanks for your message. WhatsApp Calling allows you make calls through WhatsApp via your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes. (Note: data charges may apply). You can place a call in WhatsApp to any contact that isstored in your phone's address bookwho also has WhatsApp Calling. Below you can find the operating system requirements for the WhatsApp Voice Calling and Video Calling: Voice Calling: AndroidiPhone (iOS 7 and later)Windows Phone (OS 8 and later) Video Calling: Android (OS 4.1+)iPhone (iOS 8.0+)Windows Phone (8.1+) In order for these features to be available please make sure that you are using the latest available version for your device by going here. Note: You can’t access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp. You must make alternative communication arrangements to make emergency calls. Learn more about using WhatsApp Calling on: Android, iPhone or Windows Phone.

This question, as you can see hasn't been answered so I've sent them another follow up to get some clarification.

0 Likes
DF8
Student
Options

Thanks Brian

0 Likes
Justme2
Student
Options

I think my reply was not at the post I wanted.

So, I succeded to receive notifications from WhatsApp by going on the phone in Galaxy Wereable - Settings - Notifications.
Put On at the Notifications and select the Apps you want to receive notifications on the watch.
You should have also the notifications aloud in your phone.
After that I restarted the watch (didn't receive any notification until restarting the watch).
Now I receive notifications from WhatsApp. I can see the message I did not read on the phone.

I can answer from watch. I can not see pictures or videos on the watch if the message has these attachments.
After I read the notifications on the watch, are not on the watch anymore.
You don't have access on the apps like in the phone.

0 Likes
Blackcloud
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, go to samsung wearable app > notifications > show while using phone. This will push your whatsapp notifications to your watch.

It worked for me on the new LTE watch

0 Likes
Ali96
Apprentice
Options
Did it work with whatsapp calls also ? Or only with the messages ?
0 Likes