Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy watch 46mm unable to pair with Note 8 (Android 9)

(Topic created on: 03-04-2019 06:07 AM)
hulk81
Apprentice
Options

Good afternoon

I have bought the Galaxy Watch 46mm with the latest software update on and I am trying to connect it with my Note 8. 

I starts the process of pairing and when it says that the phone is paired with the phone the app crashes and the phone cannot by connected. 

I have reset the Note 8 to factory settings,  I have reset the watch, I have reset app cache on the note, I have done EVERYTHING and the phone refuses to connect with the watch. FYI I have tried to connect the Galaxy Watch with my business phone iPhone 8 plus and works like charm, which I find ridiculous ..... 

Should I send the watch back dear Samsung ? 

Thank you

Angelos

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Demmis
Apprentice
Options

Good day.

Had a similar issue today with brand new Samsung Galaxy Watch Active and Galaxy S10+, I found a workaround. Go to your phone settings and change language to English (by adding English language), it seems that there is a bug with Galaxy Wearable Greek Version and its crashing when Greek language is the phone's default. You can switch your phone back to Greek when pairing is complete.

hulk81
Apprentice
Options
Demmis that worked!!!!!!! May I ask though how did you know the language settings of my phone?
0 Likes
Demmis
Apprentice
Options

Good morning,

I assumed it because your name is Greek and app is crashing just like mine :smiling-face:

0 Likes
hulk81
Apprentice
Options

Demmis o Tromeros :smiling-face:  Ευχαριστω!

Demmis
Apprentice
Options

Παρακαλώ! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Have a good day and enjoy your new watch!

0 Likes