Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 46mm heart rate monitoring and sleep tracking not working.

(Topic created on: 09-09-2018 05:58 PM)
siddharth
Student
Options

Galaxy watch 46mm heart rate monitoring and sleep tracking not working.

76 REPLIES 76
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

It seems to me its a quite simple fix, code the software to restart the HR sensor when it fails, as it so often does. Samsung wont, others have and have done it very well indeed.

There really is no pattern to it at all, worn tight, worn loose, worn up the arm, lower down the arm, reboot before workout, reboot during workout its the same every time. Ive been trying to fathom this out since last August and the restart of the sensor by 3rd party app is the only thing that works for me, oh and Under Armour Record worked flawlessly too :thinking-face:

xchatter
Apprentice
Options

@GaryBrett wrote:

It seems to me its a quite simple fix, code the software to restart the HR sensor when it fails, as it so often does. Samsung wont, others have and have done it very well indeed.

There really is no pattern to it at all, worn tight, worn loose, worn up the arm, lower down the arm, reboot before workout, reboot during workout its the same every time. Ive been trying to fathom this out since last August and the restart of the sensor by 3rd party app is the only thing that works for me, oh and Under Armour Record worked flawlessly too :thinking-face:

@GaryBrett So can you install something so everything works?(without manually doing sone restarts)

0 Likes
GeorgeHudson
First Poster
Options

My watch is showing the issues in this thread.  It can not monitor a fitness workout for more than 5 minutes before the heart rate reading is lost.  It has been returned to Samsung for repair FOUR times and after each time it has been returned it still shows exactly the same problems. It has had the motherboard and HR sensor replaced twice allegedly.  Waiting to hear from them about what their next plan of action is.  Terrible aftercare service from Samsung.

0 Likes
KP6
First Poster
Options

I had a terrible cold for 4 days and my watch wouldn't register any deep sleep, it just showed motionless.  I believe it was due to my heart rate being a little erratic and not being able to register due to breathing difficulties with the cold.  I feel loads better today so hope this eveings sleep will start to register correctly again.

0 Likes
Rullbandspelare
Journeyman
Options
Thanks!
Here is my watch. It was working ok for several of months. Have a feeling it was after one ui update.
Sometimes is working. But here it stoped working after a running activity.

http://dexma.se/galaxywatch.mp4
0 Likes
BC331
Explorer
Options

My Galaxy 46mm was working fine, even to the extent that I have bought my wife one.  Then latest update to my S9 and watch and I now have the same issue as others.  This has been a problem for many years Samsung, get it sorted please 

0 Likes
BC331
Explorer
Options
After 2 hours today sep 2020 Samsung have asked for mu watch to repair it. we shall see what happens
0 Likes