Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 46mm heart rate monitoring and sleep tracking not working.

(Topic created on: 09-09-2018 05:58 PM)
siddharth
Student
Options

Galaxy watch 46mm heart rate monitoring and sleep tracking not working.

76 REPLIES 76
VideoAngelus
Student
Options

Finally managed to get the HR continuous setting ! Thanks all for the comments. 

0 Likes
pgee
Journeyman
Options

Now for 3 nights continues hr worked fine. Also during the day no problems. 

Ehsan
First Poster
Options

So with my first watch the heart rate monitor was very temperamental and clearly not right, intermittently working. It recorded my heart rate anywhere from 51 to 200+.  It had to go back and the guys at Samsung Trafford Centre were great and did an exchange. So with my new watch the heart rate monitor is better and works.  However the watch still has a glitch with the calories burnt function. Now I would assume this is a rough estimate worked out using ones heart rate during a set period of time i.e during a workout. But my galaxy was clocking up nearly twice as what I would normally clock up with my Fitbit so I wore both and took some photos at the end.  Samsung please can you fix this bug as overall I love the watch and would like to only say positive things about it :smiling-face:20181003_103942.jpg20181003_103949.jpg20181003_104022.jpg20181003_104034.jpg I wore both my old Fitbit and Galaxy during a gentle workout to show calories burnt. 

0 Likes
Ehsan
First Poster
Options

:thinking-face:

0 Likes
VPoro
First Poster
Options

I have also replicated this twice now, both times have happened after charging the watch in the dock. The HR monitoring works fine, but once the watch comes off the dock, HR monitoring breaks down (the LED does not blink and the result is a flat line). Seems that there is something seriously wrong with the software, since a reboot has fixed it both times. It is just a bit annoying to reboot a flagship product always after recharging...

Bostjanlaba
First Poster
Options

VPoro,

you are right. It's after charging the HR goes flatline. Factory reset won't help. Only on/off helps until next recharge.

BTW, anyone has issues with Alti-Baro? I measure Altimeter but when I then go step back to display Alti and Baro on same screen, the altitude is still not displayed (although it was measured).

0 Likes
Jacobsen
First Poster
Options
Have the same problem, my always on screen is also struggling, and I'm not getting any notifications..
0 Likes
BigRalphN
First Poster
Options

Mine worked great out of the box. Then I put a third party leather strap on and heart rate went crazy. I tried a bunch of stuff on here and it was still messed up. I put the factory strap on and it perfect again. I don't think I was getting it tight enough on my wrist with the leather strap. 

0 Likes
screege
First Poster
Options

I tried the reboot option on the 46 mm watch it showed the same error  Sleep stages not measured: Your watch couldn't get a consistent heart-rate reading while you slept

The heart rate monitor woks well I get it was measured after 10-20 minutes all the time, viewing my timeline the S3 I still have didn't have that issue, so I think a firmware update could fix this also the battery is almost the same as the S3, I hope they can fix it soon.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@BigRalphN wrote:

Mine worked great out of the box. Then I put a third party leather strap on and heart rate went crazy. I tried a bunch of stuff on here and it was still messed up. I put the factory strap on and it perfect again. I don't think I was getting it tight enough on my wrist with the leather strap. 

Interestingly, the developer has advised us that the strap being worn too tightly or too loosely can affect HR and therefore sleep tracking. (The sleep algorithm won't produce the 4 sleep stages if it doesn't get enough HR info during sleeping time for example). There's a bit in the User Manual about best practice for wearing the watch/strap tips which I've pulled some screenshoots of for peeps:

Galaxy Watch_wearing01.JPGGalaxy Watch_wearing02.JPG

If things still aren't working for folks even after this, then I'd advise sending our software team error log files via the Members app for them to analyse what's going on more closely.

0 Likes