Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 46mm heart rate monitoring and sleep tracking not working.

(Topic created on: 09-09-2018 05:58 PM)
siddharth
Student
Options

Galaxy watch 46mm heart rate monitoring and sleep tracking not working.

76 REPLIES 76
Shazzap
Explorer
Options

My 42mm galaxy watch isn't tracking or monitoring sleep stages either. Battery life isn't even at the minimum stated by Samsung either. Very disappointing.

ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

Mine is also not tracking sleep stages. "Your watch couldn't get a consistent heart rate reading while you slept"... Which is a little odd given that the watch has no trouble recording my heart rate throughout the day.

I've found battery life to be fine - currently on day 3. Don't forget when you first get something the battery drains way more quickly because you're actively using it all the time and I'm sure there's also some automatic calibration involved that takes a couple of charges to kick in. Also go through some of your settings and make sure nothing too battery-drainy is on. For example, in the wifi settings, make sure it's set to auto and not always on.

GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

HR on mine is intermittent to say the least. During a walk today average on Fitbit was 95bpm, galaxy watch 132bpm. I noticed the HR monitor was blank for much of the walk, Im guessing thats the issue with lots of points being raised on here with sleep, calories etc etc. Hopefully will be a software fix

ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

Yeah those settings I posted souls fix the sleeping issue but i have had mine on "Always On" all day and it does occasionally seem to stop updating. Usually it'll say "last updated: now" but I just drove home and when I got back it said last updated was 20 minutes ago. It started working again but now again it's not updating - saying last updated 5 mins ago. Surely with "Always on" it should always be on? I can still see the green light flashing on the underside of the watch.

0 Likes
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

Seems to be a common theme since January, for most Samsung gear watches and clearly the new galaxy watch as well.

I refer you to my post, have contacted support regards to my new galaxy watch, when we contacted them regarding my husband's s3 earlier this year, they couldn't/didn't fix the problem. They just replaced his pcb. It continued to happen!

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Galaxy-Watch-not-measuring-Heart-r...

Leeachy
First Poster
Options
Mine the same
siddharth
Student
Options
I have battery issues as well
0 Likes
Jdd3
Apprentice
Options

I have s8 and gear sports watch. I thought it neat, it recorded my sleep pattern and sent to Samsung health app but it does not work now. Did it fail from one of the software updates?

0 Likes
PJA1
Journeyman
Options

My steps and sleep stages aren't working too. 

0 Likes