Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch stuck in Reboot loop

(Topic created on: 09-01-2019 12:59 PM)
MarcusShepard24
First Poster
Options

I just received my Galaxy swatch about a week ago and last night after I got hole from work I turned it off and placed it on the charger. This morning I tried turning it on and it would. It kept saying it was rebooting and after holding down the power button then rapidly pressing it after the rebooting screen appeared I held down on the continue option and the reboot option and both times nothing happens. I haven’t been able to

find anywhere a step by step guide on a reboot loop specifically for the Galaxy watch. 

61 REPLIES 61
azaky2020
First Poster
Options

Thank you MarieGB20,

I'll chat now

0 Likes
Sha68
Student
Options

Thank you for your advice . I'll do that . My watch only reboots once when I've stopped swimming and taking it off the water mode . I just don't think they are waterproof at all which I'm annoyed about as that's one of the reasons I bought it . 

0 Likes
Fliss
First Poster
Options

omg who ever you are  ! Thank you So much! 4 hours i spent with Samsung support over the phone and live chat and no one could help me. Just done what you said and its fixed . You have been excellent, thanks so much!

0 Likes
Tennisbangkok
Journeyman
Options

Sorry, can you say what did you do ?

0 Likes
King6ix
First Poster
Options

This did not help. The device is still in the loop.

0 Likes
Brittaney
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy watch just went into a reboot mode. I have followed the instructions given above and after I have held the home key, after the words Samsung galaxy watch disappears the watch screen does not turn back on.

What would my next steps be to get my watch working again?

Brunobdb
Explorer
Options

It´s the same problem I had. Leave it ou under the sun for a week or so and it will probably come back, like mine did.

0 Likes
Mortal-One
Student
Options
I also tried theses steps but the watch keeps rebooting...i even tried charging it, yet during charging it keeps doing it...
0 Likes
Shelbel
Student
Options

Mine did this out of nowhere! I put it on the charger and it was still doing the same thing. I cannot access anything as I am looking at a blank screen on my watch.

0 Likes
NYCITGuy
First Poster
Options

This has now happened twice to me. The first time was 6 months ago, and I tried every trick I read on every forum. Somehow, I got it working 6 months ago but wasn't sure how. 

So it happened again and I've paid attention to what I did to fix it a second time. I noticed that when I put it on the charger, the % counts up but then the watch appears to turn off before stabilizing at the current charged %. So here's what I did:

1. Put the watch on the charger dock (perform the rest of these steps while it's on the charger)

2. Hold the power button until you see the reboot screen .

3. Press the power button three times quickly

4. Press the power button at the menu to navigate to the "power off" option.

5. Hold the power button to turn the watch off 

6. Try to turn the watch back on now

It took me three times trying to turn it back on (step 6 above), before the displayed charge % finally incremented all the way to the actually battery level where the screen stayed on. Once that happened, I was able to turn the watch back on successfully. If this happens again (hopefully, it won't) I will report back with any additional information I find. Good luck all!

PS - I do not get my watch wet (literally just about never). I see others suggesting water damage, but I highly doubt that's my issue. It definitely feels more software-related from what I can tell (I am an IT professional).

0 Likes