Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch stuck in Reboot loop

(Topic created on: 09-01-2019 12:59 PM)
MarcusShepard24
First Poster
Options

I just received my Galaxy swatch about a week ago and last night after I got hole from work I turned it off and placed it on the charger. This morning I tried turning it on and it would. It kept saying it was rebooting and after holding down the power button then rapidly pressing it after the rebooting screen appeared I held down on the continue option and the reboot option and both times nothing happens. I haven’t been able to

find anywhere a step by step guide on a reboot loop specifically for the Galaxy watch. 

61 REPLIES 61
SupunVithana
Apprentice
Options

My galaxy watch also keeps rebooting, after i try about 40min of swim at pools. Sometimes, it doesnot start at all, and now its keep on displaying rebooting. How can i fix this?

Lunobot
First Poster
Options

Did you check the battery? Be sure to fully charge Watch first. Similar thing just happened to me. I thought I had locked myself out, when I got a new Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and tried to transfer my Samsung Galaxy Watch 42mm, and midway during transfer Watch screen blacked out. Watch battery had previously been 50% night before w/o charging. Next day tried rebooting various modes with no success. I took it to official Samsung shop/technician and we both thought it seemed blocked as it would turn off after rebooting screen / clicking through the available modes. I discovered the error of my ways when putting the Watch on charger and  it was less than 10%.

Lesson learned,  fully charge your watch before transfer process to avoid any user errors or GiGo.

0 Likes
Brunobdb
Explorer
Options
Just a small feedback, I have changed the battery and the watch stayed the same. So the battery didn't do the trick.
rawkus123
First Poster
Options

So this has happened to me twice now under the same circumstances. Gone for a swim put watch into water droplet mode prior and falls into constant reboot loop. THE only way i was able to fix this was to open it up and douse the watch with contact cleaner.  Wait for the battery to die and then Google a tutorial on how to disassemle the watch, then spray the hell out of it on every single part and in every crack even under the twist bezel thing (put your nail between it and the frame to lift it slightly). Grab a hairdryer and use cool air to dry it wait five minutes re-assemble and put it on the charger dock if you get the 0% charging icon bravo youve fixed your watch otherwise shes busted. Ive done this process twice and twice its worked good luck. I believe water resiude must create a short on the buttons causing safety reboots as i didnt see any witness water marks on the components but i sprayed the heck out of it just in case.

Tennisbangkok
Journeyman
Options

Hi, did you fix them? Same problem from yesterday morning:(

SupunVithana
Apprentice
Options

Nope. Gave it for repair and they said its water damage. Its a big lie that Galaxy watch is water proof.

Tennisbangkok
Journeyman
Options

And did uou repair it at least? After water ? What should i repair..

0 Likes
Tennisbangkok
Journeyman
Options

Also i didn't swim with my watch, few times wash to clean them only 

0 Likes
SupunVithana
Apprentice
Options

I didn't get the watch yet from the local (not samsung) repair center. Samsung agent said it will cost me almost the watch's price to replace the motherboard. Hoping my local third party repairer will do some magic and repair it for small cost. Or else, I'll have to put the watch under the bus.

0 Likes
Washm
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue now. If I find something i'll make sure to post it here.