Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch sometimes showing Whatsapp notification photo's (but most of the time doesn't)

(Topic created on: 02-10-2018 01:39 PM)
Beem
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

A question about WhatsApp notifications on the Galaxy Watch (42mm, not that it should matter). Most of the time when someone sends me a photo on WhatsApp, I don't get to see the photo in the notification on my watch. I'll just show the small camera icon to signify there's a photo in the message. But sometimes I do see the photo in the notification on the watch. However I haven't been able to figure out why some photo's do get shown while most of them do not.

Any ideas? Do photo's in Whatsapp messages show up on your Galaxy Watches?

Go to solution
28 REPLIES 28
Vee771
First Poster
Options

This solution doesn't work. 

0 Likes
abdellove
Apprentice
Options

i have a gear s3 frontier and i have the same problem by not showing whatsapp images?

no one with a solution/fix?

Ophiel
Pioneer
Options

So yeah, its possible but Samsung doesnt want to work on it. There are rumors that say Samsung wont launch any other watch with Tizen in it, maybe they are planing to abandon us...

0 Likes
Nasir2003
First Poster
Options

@Dano14 wrote:

I have the same problame too,

Cant see Whatsapp notification photo.

Me too

@Dano14 wrote:

I have the same problame too,

Cant see Whatsapp notification photo.

0 Likes
Loris17
Student
Options

I noticed that if only one photo arrives, it is not seen, but if more than 5 photos arrive, only one photo is seen on the screen of the watch active 2, the other ones are not .. but one is seen ..

0 Likes
Beem
Journeyman
Options

With the latest update Whatsapp photo's are shown on the watch. It doesn't show on the notification itself, but does show when you swipe to your notifications after. You may need to wait a couple of seconds for it to load if you're too fast.

catuslee
First Poster
Options

You may want to check if you have set "auto download photos/images" in WhatsApp app. If image is not automatically downloaded in the phone app, only the camera icon will be shown.

This is from what I have learned from changing the settings in WhatsApp. 

0 Likes
GalaxyPhoneandWatch
First Poster
Options

The solution for me was to make sure the WhatsApp settings on my phone were set to enable automatic downloading of images both over WiFi and mobile data.

When the notification lands, I see it, return to the watch home screen, then scroll left to the notifications page and there it is. Click on the image to see a larger version of it.

Note: You can only view the image on the notifications page. 

I didn't find any difference when tweaking the Edge Lighting settings. 

0 Likes
jollyjules
First Poster
Options
can anyone answer why sometimes my watch will show my whatsapp messages and other times just says "you may have whatsapp messages check phone" 🤷‍♀️
0 Likes