Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch sometimes showing Whatsapp notification photo's (but most of the time doesn't)

(Topic created on: 20-01-2019 02:29 PM)
Beem
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

A question about WhatsApp notifications on the Galaxy Watch (42mm, not that it should matter). Most of the time when someone sends me a photo on WhatsApp, I don't get to see the photo in the notification on my watch. I'll just show the small camera icon to signify there's a photo in the message. But sometimes I do see the photo in the notification on the watch. However I haven't been able to figure out why some photo's do get shown while most of them do not.

Any ideas? Do photo's in Whatsapp messages show up on your Galaxy Watches?

28 REPLIES 28
Beem
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for sharing your findings! Haven't had the chance to test it out myself, but thinking back your findings sound plausible.

I get why the image would only be shown when it is the only new message, since the watch simply uses the Android notification, and Android doesn't show the image in the notification bar either if there are multiple messages. But I don't get the group chat thing. As far as I know, Android does show images from single senders in the notification bar, so I would expect to get these on the watch as well.

0 Likes
MarcelloSannai
Apprentice
Options

****I FOUND THE SOLUTION****

The NirAvr method is not entirely correct.

You can see image on galaxy watch when:

-The image is the only new message or the firstone in the WhatsApp chat

-Turn Off Edge lighting notification WhatsApp 

1 - From the Home screen, swipe up or down to access the Apps screen

2 - Touch Settings

3 - Touch Display

4 - Navigate to and touch Edge screen

5 - Touch Edge lighting

6 - Touch Manage notifications

7 - Disable Edge lighting notification slider WhatsApp

BR

Marcello Sannai 

0 Likes
Leenvdoa
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately this solution does not work for me.

0 Likes
Riddie
Apprentice
Options

You can see image on galaxy watch when:   -The image is the only new message or the firstone in the WhatsApp chat -Turn Off Edge lighting notification WhatsApp    1 - From the Home screen, swipe up or down to access the Apps screen 2 - Touch Settings 3 - Touch Display 4 - Navigate to and touch Edge screen 5 - Touch Edge lighting 6 - Touch Manage notifications 7 - Disable Edge lighting notification slider WhatsApp   BR Marcello Sannai 

0 Likes
nicoF
First Poster
Options

Bonjour

j'ai également le meme souci. 

pour ma part je peut juste ajouter qu'une photo est apparu dans une discution hors groupe. 

Je venais de redémarrer montre + tel et depuis plus rien....  même après reinitialisation complette. . 

j'attends patiemment 1 mise à jour.  

0 Likes
Leo2019
Student
Options

same with me any solution ?

0 Likes
AlexFerrari
First Poster
Options

That dont work for me either:/

0 Likes
Sym0n
Journeyman
Options
Ah man, I thought this was an update to the Watch, as I got the first (and only) photo sent to me on WhatsApp displaying on my Watch, rather than just the camera emoji. It's even more frustrating to know that it is possible but the Watch picks and chooses when to show them.

Why Samsung haven't got WhatsApp/Facebook on board to build an official app I don't know, unless it's the awful OS that's putting them off?
0 Likes
DvdEnde
Explorer
Options

I have the GW 46 mm and have exactly the same issue. Sometimes photo's are displaying but mostly not. Checked updates etc but no solution found. I am curious to know if there is a size limit for photo's or not in tge sync app. Hopefully Samsung can respond to this. 

I also have noticed that sometimes messages from Whatsapp are not displayed on my watch, especialy when there is more than one message received on my Samsung phone.

0 Likes
Wiltman
Student
Options

That's not a solution. The watch is fundamentally flawed without a dedicated WhatsApp app. 

The Huawei watch handles images without a problem  

0 Likes