Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch sensors stopped working

(Topic created on: 07-02-2019 02:14 PM)
holypriest
Journeyman
Options

Suddenly, all the sensors of my Galaxy Watch stopped working. I can not get heart rate readings anymore, or step counts or anything. It does not seem to be a hardware problem, considering that the heart sensor and the gyroscope stopped working at the same time, must be some kind of software issue.

I already tried:

- Rebooting (3x)

- Force rebooting (3x)

- Restoring factory settings (3x)

None of them worked.

Are there any workarounds for that issue? Is there a chance to get a software patch or anything? I tried to update the firmware, but Galaxy Wearable says that I already have the newest version.

63 REPLIES 63
redduy
First Poster
Options

I am having the same troubles, sensors not working.

Also the wake up gesture.

This happened after I installed the last update on 13 November R800XXU1DSL1.

I read that a lot of people have similar issues, and until now more than one month, I could not found a solution.

Is there an new update in the road map of Samsung to correct this problem ?

Thanks

RD

0 Likes
iHugoF
Apprentice
Options

I would and will advise anyone with problems to go to support and have it checked ASAP or swapped by a new one. It looks like hardware issues, since they will switch motherboard most of the times.

At least in my case, they said motherboard was fried, so no reset or factory default or unistall app would ever fix it.

If the problems are caused by the update, no one knows, but all reports have the update in

common, which is hard to ignore...:)

So if you are still having problems after hard reset and/or factory defaults, just get it checked, switched or returned.

HF

0 Likes
BranimirM
Explorer
Options

You obviously haven't read my posts...

"They said" but they don't know or don't want to admit, whichever is worse...

I had mbo replaced on mine, then the whole watch was swapped for a completely new watch, the ***** happens on first acivity, no matter the sw version ... it is design fault end of story, nothing could ever convince me against, but I wonder why they didn't fix it at testing phase as it had to come up... now they are covering it up

Ardee66
Apprentice
Options

I had the same problems earlier this year after a software update. 

I made factory reset - did not help.

I tried several things, went into test mode and checked everything.

The i uninstall all Apps using hydro sensor. 

I had no chance to go to support as u was travelling. The next update (Late September came) slowly sensors start working again. Finally all my sensors work again and i reinstalled all apps. 

Means i never been at samsung and i think your watch is just hanging. I remember i also been swimming with the watch befote it started. Maybe soem water was coming in and dryies up after a while. 

I only can say, it is 100% working again and i did not change my watch neither i gabe it to repair.

0 Likes
iHugoF
Apprentice
Options
Yeah...I'm also guessing it's an hardware or software flaw, since their are people that have no issues with it.
0 Likes
iHugoF
Apprentice
Options
You had luck...but I wouldn't trust something that just stops and starts working without any reason...Mine just stopped working after the update and never went to water. After motherboard replacement, altimeter/barometer started acting up after 1 week and never worked well again.
0 Likes
redduy
First Poster
Options

Well, looking far a lot of people have similar issues with this watch, and even Samsung replace the motherboard or the watch some of them return to the problems.

Today I uninstalled the barometer, and sometime during the day some sensors began to work.

The wake up gesture, the hearth rate monitor if I selected continuous monitoring, and also the step count.

But few hours later all the sensors stop working again.

So I think the option I have is to look for other options. I used to have Garming watches that I uses to track my running training, they work fine for the training, but I do not like to use every day, they are plastic made like the last I have, the Forerunner 235, so I decided to changed  it to the Samsung Galaxy Watch.

Also I was checking the Fitbit Ionic watch, my wife has a Fitbit Charge 2 for more than two years and she is very happy with it. Never had a problem.

Also I hear Xiaomi has good options.

So can anybody give some advices to witch watch can choose to replace Samsung? I have Android phone.

Thanks for the help

0 Likes
BranimirM
Explorer
Options

so as I've written sensors will at some point come back, even the barometer... what is the os architecture i dont have nobloddy idea sice factory reset should reinitialize everything but it doesnt,, only time does..

0 Likes
BranimirM
Explorer
Options

My guess is that those are users who aren'r doing any heavy activities, specially the ones which include sweating/ changing altitude combo, users which aren't sweating much and probably have very thin wrist...

0 Likes
MogulTech
First Poster
Options

Yes, i have only had my watch for less than 4 months and the battery now drains in minutes after fully charged and the sensor stopped working at the same time. For a 400$ watch, not impressed.

0 Likes