Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch sensors stopped working

(Topic created on: 07-02-2019 02:14 PM)
holypriest
Journeyman
Options

Suddenly, all the sensors of my Galaxy Watch stopped working. I can not get heart rate readings anymore, or step counts or anything. It does not seem to be a hardware problem, considering that the heart sensor and the gyroscope stopped working at the same time, must be some kind of software issue.

I already tried:

- Rebooting (3x)

- Force rebooting (3x)

- Restoring factory settings (3x)

None of them worked.

Are there any workarounds for that issue? Is there a chance to get a software patch or anything? I tried to update the firmware, but Galaxy Wearable says that I already have the newest version.

63 REPLIES 63
JIC
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same isle work my watch. Had anyone doing a solution for this? Please help.

Samuser3
Journeyman
Options

SAME

After update all sensors stopped working.

The5eagull
Explorer
Options

I really do believe that most of the problems people are having with this watch..

Always on display not working, no HR measurement, exercise  cutting of etc etc etc are down to the sensor problems.

PLEASE RELEASE AN UPDATE THAT CURES THIS PROBLEM ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Are you reading this SAMSUNG

MikeF67
Student
Options

I am having the same issue. Shortly after the last update, my wake up gesture, heart rate, sleep tracking ect are not working. Really would like a solution

prickleypaw
First Poster
Options

Same issues - all sensors appear to be dead after update.

mik2258
Explorer
Options

Same here. After newest update HR, floor, steps, wake up gesture - everything does not work.

When this will be fixed?

Samuser3
Journeyman
Options

Interestingly enough I've been shutting down the watch and rebooting every couple days and the sensors are back? Something definately wrong here.  3 weeks plus with no sensors, then they are back? What's going on Samsung!?!

mik2258
Explorer
Options

Hi guys and gals.

I stopped wearing my watch and switched it to watch only mode to save battery. After 2 days I did turn off watch only mode to check if something got better, not that I had some hopes but I missed all the tracking and training stuff.

And surprise. Sensors are back. Try this maybe it will work for someone.

Still Samsung it's not good that device stops/starts to work properly when it wants with no clear reason. I'm afraid when/if this happens again. We expect support for this amount of money we paid....

Samuser3
Journeyman
Options

And they are gone again, it lasted 1 day! Super frustrated.