Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch sensors stopped working

(Topic created on: 25-07-2019 05:12 PM)
holypriest
Journeyman
Options

Suddenly, all the sensors of my Galaxy Watch stopped working. I can not get heart rate readings anymore, or step counts or anything. It does not seem to be a hardware problem, considering that the heart sensor and the gyroscope stopped working at the same time, must be some kind of software issue.

I already tried:

- Rebooting (3x)

- Force rebooting (3x)

- Restoring factory settings (3x)

None of them worked.

Are there any workarounds for that issue? Is there a chance to get a software patch or anything? I tried to update the firmware, but Galaxy Wearable says that I already have the newest version.

63 REPLIES 63
mik2258
Explorer
Options

Bad news is it will most probably come back randomly. 

Today has been 2 weeks since I got my watch repaired and so far so good - everything works as it should from the beginning.

0 Likes
iHugoF
Apprentice
Options

Same thing here...I noticed that after the last update, all sensors stopped working.

Tried factory default, restart, hard reset and nothing.

No way to get the sensors working again.

Anyone found anything?

Thx!

0 Likes
Samuser3
Journeyman
Options

Mine came back after awhile. Hasn't stopped again yet, but now im just waiting for it to. 

0 Likes
Yashkush
First Poster
Options

well same here.. only like a month in to update that all worked fine. altimeter/barometer/HR/wake up guesture/stress monitor stoped working.  I have this watch only for 2 month. 

0 Likes
BranimirM
Explorer
Options

OK, so there are other people experiencing the same **** from SAMSUNG. I'm tired of writing everything again since I did that in anothet thread, but I also experienced troubles with my GW watch(es). Here it is in short again. It started with baro/altimeter not working after some time showing negative heights. Brought it for warranty repair. First time sw reset, did work for about a week or two. Then they cahnged mobo and sensor. Worked for a week. Then I got all new watch (I have two boxes now :smiling-face: ), I was hoping I will get the money back and was looking to buy Garmin forerunner instead. I got brand new watch, which I should sell at the time, but I thought of giving it another try. and it worked for almost two months (if we neglect the altimeter), but today all sensors failed so wake up gesture is not working.

My conclusion was also that barometer is the culprit together with sw, I even accepted that GW doesn't have barometer and thats it... I even like it more when sensor fails after awhile since at least then it doesn't record ridiculous measurements in the activities. But it seem that it messes with other sensors after some time inevitably 😞
I'll try now using it with barometer app uninstalled (didn't know it was possible). with barometer tube there is definetely hw design flaw. it works without activity and that is why majority of people probably don't reaize the problem because they are primarily using it just as simple watch. But, as soon as I go running, after 10-15 minutes probably because of the sweat which somehow provides negative pressure to the tube, watch starts to show lower and lower altitudes going to negative after some time. If I clean it afterwards and dry it, after some time t comes back to normal. BUT, it seems that sw has some kind of treshold after which it starts to ignore the sensor, and after awhile it starts to ignore other sensors too 😞 I also noticed that it starts to work fine for some time after every official update, which I guess comes the same as fw reflash.

both factory default reset and hard reset didn't help. Only thing I didn't try is reflashing the fw through odin mode...

Shame on you Samsung, even the official repair center in Croatia is not informed about this issues and they are following standard procedure (sw reflash, then hw replacement, then watch swap). Even the chief of service has the watch and accepts that he has to reflash the sw every once in awhile...

This hardware is too expensive to show child issues and we all paid too much to be what.. beta testers for Samsung? I'm so ashamed of myself that I chose GW instead of Garmin, because I believed advertisements and that everything in specification will actually work... 

BranimirM
Explorer
Options

UPDATE: after several tries, I just hard reset it, uninstalled the barometer app and kept using the watch, after about a day or little bit over, all sensors except pressure sensor started to work again... I'll leave it like this and hope for the best...

jed57x
First Poster
Options

Same Issues Here! your watch its keep working? Bar App uninstaled, I hope the sensors back to work

0 Likes
BranimirM
Explorer
Options

yep, still works.. barometer works in gps mode in hiking activity :smiling-face:

0 Likes
dennywithy
First Poster
Options

Yeah me too. After uninstal barometer, HR back to normal. ***** it! 

Enw. There is update on barometer. Dont know if itwill fix the problem. Im not install it.

0 Likes
iHugoF
Apprentice
Options

I finally went to Samsung support and they ended up switching the motherboard.

All sensors were OK for about 1 week and then the barometer started acting up, saying I was at 3000+mts...and while at work I was able to do 100+ floors, while almost seated all day.

Went back to Samsung support 2 more time and they keep saying they don't find anything wrong, because their automated debug software says everything is OK and all tests are Green.

It seems Samsung has no 'switch by new' policy, just a repair one, at least here in Portugal.

I give up...:/

0 Likes