Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch resting heart rate after OneUI

(Topic created on: 12-07-2019 10:47 AM)
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Hi there, can anyone check for me on their Samsung health app that the resting HR is being taken whilst in goodnight mode please? Since the OneUI update, which was excellent for me, 100% improved the watch and HR tracking it seems my RHR has risen dramatically, when I investigated it shows readings are not being taken when Goodnight mode is enabled. This is obviously causng the RHR to be higher as the minimal threshold is much higher.

Prior to the update, redaing were taken throughout the night same as Fitbit & Garmin, this then evened out over the 24 hours to give a more accurate RHR..

Thanks

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

No since update I haven't received any resting heart rate at night either and also use goodnight mode. I do recall though that there was one night when I didn't put it no goodnight mode and still didn't get a resting heart rate.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@lisafox16 - Yeh thats an odd one isnt it. I didnt use Goodnight mode last night and again ait only started measuring at 06:40 when I let the cat out!

Its weird as it still does the hourly tracking during sleep but no resting measurements. This gives a completely unreliable RHR value now.

I havnt got the willpower to call samsung about this - @AntS 

Before OneUI

beforeOneUI.jpgafterOneUI.jpg

AntS
Options

@GaryBrett, I've asked our software team on your behalf. I'll let you know what they advise. 

GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Cheers @AntS , appreciate it mate. I didnt notcie this until 3 weks after the OneUi update but its quite a contrast. The day & months before OneUI all measured midnight to midnight along with the hourly graphs, since update RHR measurements only occur when I am up and about (taking steps?) regardless whether goodnight mode is on/off.

My own average RHR has risen by about 15bpm since OneUI and approx 20bpm comapyed to Fitbit/Garmin.

That said, its briliant now on tracking workout HR which is more important to me but would be nice to have both :smiling-face:

Look forward to anything they come back with.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries, @GaryBrett. :smiling-face: If you've not so already, are you and any others experiencing the same thing able to send error reports with log files via the Members app? (Galaxy Watch/Gear smartwatches - How do you submit an Error Report? for peeps who want to know how to do that for a smartwatch.)

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Morning @AntS, any news on this at all, have they acknowledged it or managed to recreate it?

Cheers

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Morning @GaryBrett . It's been escalated to the relevant developers, but no update from them on it as of yet. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Morning @GaryBrett . We received a reply from the developers today:

"AutoHR is usually measured in condition that there is few or no movement.
So if you have any movement at time of measuring HR automatically, it could not be measured.
And keep the device fit to your wrist. You would have more chance to get accurate HR by keeping the air-gap between the device and your wrist minimized.

Please get the dump log using *#9900# with detailed description if you have any problem."

My software team colleague has advised that if the above doesn't help, then to send error reports with log files via the Members app just after the issue occurs.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Thanks @AntS, appreciate the update, although I think they may have misunderstood the issue as what they suggest is the complete opposite of what is happening :smiling-face:

Before OneUI this worked perfectly, it now takes autoHR readings throughout the day when I am active (lots of movement), only when alsleep (minimal movement) that it stops tracking autoHR. So in fact completely the opposite of what the support team have said :smiling-face: 

I often wonder if they have Galaxy Watches themselves, surely a 24 hour cycle wearing it would show to them what I mean without having to keep uploading log files, as would screenshots showing the started happening immediately after the OneUI update.

I'll see if I can get time to extract the logs, i recall sending them before many many times and the response being, reboot the watch or reset back to factory.

Thanks anyway

0 Likes