Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 02-03-2019 09:09 AM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Check out HR readings during sleep.

StrangeScreenshot_20190222-133834_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
ZiaSaleem
First Poster
Options

@sonnnet wrote:
Gear Tracker/ Settings/ Connect with Strava

hi @sonnnet!

Glad you have things working now finally thanks to gear tracker. I maily play squash, run, and gym once in a while. Just curious, does this app record sports as well, or is it mainly a running/cycling tracker? (sorry if the question sounds confused). would appreciate a reply though. thanks.

0 Likes
Paul3877
Journeyman
Options

We got the new update here in Australia.

The heart monitor still dissent work  properly

0 Likes
SCO7TY
Apprentice
Options

@sonnet, how many times does HR restart for you on GT? I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and still doesn't work that great for me. On a half an hour bike ride the HR will restart up to 15 times sometimes more. I restored the watch last night and went on another ride this morning and still have the same problem.

0 Likes
CHM
Journeyman
Options

Just updated to the new firmware

The HR monitor is still terrible with frequent dropouts and wrong measurements. It often records approximately double my heartrate.

CHM
Journeyman
Options

Typical HR dropout while exercising.Typical HR dropout while exercising.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Yep, thats about normal for me and I dont have any hope it will improve now, just putting it down to a bad buy and moving on once something else appears.

This image was my last circuit training workout, freshly rebooted, worn up the arm with sweatband holding it in place. Flicking back to the watch face showed HR was reading correctly just not tracked in S Health..

Interestingly 3 others doing same workout (2 x Fitbit, 1 x Apple Watch) showed constant HR and calorie count in the region of 480, mine was 260ish, got be down to the HR algorythm that one..

They were shocked how bad the Galaxy is at tracking and put the Fitbit users off the Galaxy Active they were thinking of buying.. Lesson to be learnt Samsung, fix historic issues before rushing to make more money :thinking-face:

Screenshot_20190302-144901_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Gary - it's strange that you're not seeing any improvement since the latest update. I'm seeing a huge improvement. Don't get me wrong I'm still seeing the occasional drop out but only occasionally. The other day at my desk it literally didn't record any heart rate and I only noticed at lunchtime but I just turned it off always, manually recorded heart rate for two or three times and then switched it back to always. It must be so frustrating that you're still having problems, as I know how annoyed I would be. Bear with it though as this latest update improved things for me so another one could help the rest of you. I'm sure it's software and only the algorithm needing a tweak. I will add though that when I worked with Garmin there were a fair few people who just couldn't wear optical heart rate monitors and had to resort to chest straps.

0 Likes
Gary7
Journeyman
Options
Mine is the same. The HR monitor is a POS.
0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Auto HR readin

sent stats to be analysed however this is badSmartSelect_20190304-112426_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20190304-112710_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes