Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 21-02-2019 03:47 PM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
Mxt
First Poster
Options

Maybe I need to get Gear Tracker then if what you say is correct. I have used Endomondo, but guess I need to check out Strava now. I hate not being able to track my heart rate when I work out. 

Still haven't got the watch update here in Norway

0 Likes
blahzay
First Poster
Options

My bad I stand corrected! I will give Gear tracker another go then. Still havent gotten the update here in sweden.

0 Likes
Ashu
Apprentice
Options

Would Gear tracker work along with S Health or I need to remove S health from my watch for Gear Tracker to work properly? Please let me know. S health is important for me to track my steps ( I am addicted to tracking my steps).

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Gear Tracker works independently of Samsung Health, you cannot uninstall S Health its part of the structure unfortunately, bit like Bixby :winking-face:

0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options
Yep.
Strava integration is a real bonus here. However, if you prefer all your data in S Health, you can still have this so long as Strava is connected in the PHONE S Health settings. Bear in mind though that it can take 24hrs for the Strava to S Health sync to take place. (Where as the Gear Tracker to Strava sync takes place in seconds).

For those who haven't got the latest Samsung software, you will most likely still see a big improvement using Gear Tracker as opposed to S Health, but a more consistent improvement once you get the update. (Because the update does improve HR but doesn't solve it).
Also, if you are tracking outside exercise such as running or cycling, you will see a massive improvement in GPS lock times and GPS consistency using Gear Tracker.

And to make the same point again, if Gear Tracker ISN'T giving you better results, please do contact the developer as there are numerous tweaks he can run through with you.
0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options

Just to give you an idea of results, using Gear Tracker, here is the heart rate graph for my run last night. I steadily increased my pace over the hour and the HR graph (screenshot from Strava which is much more detailed than S Health by the way) reflects this perfectly. SmartSelect_20190218-215120_Strava.jpg

sonnnet
Pioneer
Options

If you look very carefully, you will see a (very) short flatline at 6km. This is when the sensor will have stopped. But GT has then restarted the HR service on discovering this so minimal disruption to my stats. And this all goes on in the background, so you don't have to worry about it, just concentrate on your exercise😁

0 Likes
Ashu
Apprentice
Options

Habe downloaded GEAR TRACKER and is excited to use it. Have not been able to figure out process to connect Gear Tracker to Strava or other apps. Can some one answer that please.

0 Likes
Ashu
Apprentice
Options

Software update has been rolled out in India today. Now I have new updated software and Gear Tracker. Dont think anything should go wrong now. Will test it tomorrow morning. 

sonnnet
Pioneer
Options
Gear Tracker/ Settings/ Connect with Strava
0 Likes