Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 06-02-2019 06:25 AM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
m4tthall
Explorer
Options

Still junk after the update. At first it seemed to be OK but once again reverting to gaps when doing anything but sit still. Also has ridiculous highs for my heart rate, which is definitely incorrect. Seriously, samsung are a joke. Looking like I will be reverting to Garmin, who have managed to do this basic stuff for years. The thing that irritates me the most is the lack of any communication from them except telling people to send them off to be 'fixed'. Jokers. 

0 Likes
Gary7
Journeyman
Options

I downloaded the latest software hoping it would fix my watch.  It made no difference whatsoever.  Anytime I do any activity my watch freaks out and gives me a HR reading of 220.  If you want a real HR monitor watch the Samsung Galaxy is definitely not it.

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

@Gary7 try to wear it a bit tighter and above wrist bone

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Also the deep sleep looks better with the latest updateSmartSelect_20190206-072959_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
Zardoz01
First Poster
Options

All I add is what I have already said. I reset to factory. Took out all the email notifications rubbish and went for steps and heart rate. Set on...always. Grey watch face to conserve battery. Shaved area under watch and it works fine but always hit heart rate before exercise. Wouldn't mind a better weather app though!

0 Likes
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

I have updated to the latest software. I still get the annoying message telling me to move the watch away from my wrist. Does anyone one how to turn that off? I use the galaxy watch for running and cycling, and also spinning. I use on a peloton spin bike which also has a heart rate monitor chest band. I happy to say that the galaxy watch is within 1-2 brea beats of the peloton. It drops sometimes on runs and bike rides, but is good enough now that I can live with it

0 Likes
Astrall
Apprentice
Options

Yes, the update did some minor improvements, but still not good enough for me. The big spikes are gone now, but the heart rate is a way to elevated on a normal walk (150, 160 bps). Flatline at the end the watch shows 182bpm before it disappears, but isn't shown on the graph, can't tell why (software error correction).

SHealth_08_42_17_754.png

0 Likes
m4tthall
Explorer
Options

There have been a few suggestions on this thread such as making the watch as tight as possible, shaving your arm, wearing it on the inside and wearing it further up your arm  Now, I appreciate people trying to make helpful suggestions for others all good.

However, seriously? I need to start shaving my arm for it to work correctly? This is basic stuff. During testing this thing they should be wearing the watch like, er, a watch. Like everyone does day in day out.

As I have mentioned previously, I have had Garmin watches for years and NEVER had an issue with this. I certainly didn't need to change how I wear a watch to get it to work. That isn't very smart.

Don't let Samsung off the hook. They should just resolve the problem or acknowledge the Galaxy Watch isn't fit for purpose as a health device .

0 Likes
Zardoz01
First Poster
Options

I agree that this watch is not fit for the purpose that is advertised and I have had various fitbit devices that worked fine but had strap issues. We appear to be trying for a solution because Samsung won't or can't. Yet I see they have released a new model. Maybe they should recall the old model.....but wont!

0 Likes
Zardoz01
First Poster
Options

I suspect we are trying to find a solution because samsung can't or won't. I have had various fitness watches that worked fine but had strap issues. Samsung has just released a new model. Maybe they should recall old product that is defective?

0 Likes