Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 05-02-2019 08:07 PM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options

So not really much point in sending mine off to be fixed. How disappointing. We just want what our watches are supposed to do, does anyone have a fully working watch!

0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options

In reply to Ramasas: Because the Gear Tracker software monitors the HR monitor (!) Yes, it's true. And when the HR monitor stops tracking the Gear Tracker software restarts it.

0 Likes
Ramasas
Journeyman
Options

so what . I bought it. let's see how it works :winking-face:

Rach77
Pathfinder
Options

I have just dropped my watch into the Samsung repair centre. The guy in the repair centre seems to think that a repair will work. Here's hoping! Ill post on here when I get it back to let you know if it works, fingers crossed!

@sonnnet wrote:

In reply to Ramasas: Because the Gear Tracker software monitors the HR monitor (!) Yes, it's true. And when the HR monitor stops tracking the Gear Tracker software restarts it.

0 Likes
Ramasas
Journeyman
Options

wait for news. Goodluck :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options
Cool. Contact the developer with any questions. He's awesome.
0 Likes
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options

Thank you 😁

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

After updating now really works as it should be. During the day only a small percent of missing measurements, several times I found missing like 5 minutes don't know the reason however everything else is counted continuous and correct.

During workout, treadmill with sprints running it recorded 100%, not any missing.SmartSelect_20190205-213313_Samsung Health.jpg

Kudos Samsung for this improvement

0 Likes
Ramasas
Journeyman
Options

Sad :face-with-tears-of-joy:. but the miracle does not seem to have happened. The pulse was measured for about 15 minutes while walking. next 15 min. stopped and showed 119 and more nothing.

0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options
How tight are you wearing the watch? For most (but not all) people, it has to be worn very tightly indeed for consistent results.
0 Likes