Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 05-02-2019 10:22 AM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
Matěj
Apprentice
Options

In Czech republic still nothing. I hope that it comes soon. What version do you have now?

0 Likes
Giedrius
Apprentice
Options

@GaryBrett wrote:
@lisafox16- You've got me excited Lisa, could this be 5 months of stress over :smiling-face:

I was excited after update and first run as well. However, from the next day on it's the same as it was - no heart rate measurements while working out. Please see pictures of a weightlifting workout and a bike ride. Screenshot_20190204-090145.jpg

Screenshot_20190204-085519.jpg

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@lisafox16 - Hmmm, not a great start :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Excitement over, didnt track any HR at all :face-with-rolling-eyes:

Screenshot_20190204-151052_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@GaryBrett wrote:

@lisafox16 - Hmmm, not a great start :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Excitement over, didnt track any HR at all :face-with-rolling-eyes:

Screenshot_20190204-151052_Samsung Health.jpg

Oh great! I've had no issue's at all but doesn't look like it's fixed it then if everyone else is still having problems! 

0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options

Not good at all.

I've had consistently perfect HR and GPS tracking since the update, but I've been using Gear Tracker, which is excellent, not S Health. Syncs perfectly with Strava, too:

http://apps.samsung.com/gear/appDetail.as?appId=ye0lz9RwAScreenshot_20190204-171614_Strava.jpg

Ramasas
Journeyman
Options

And how can this program help if the watch itself stops and does not measure HR during training?

0 Likes
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options

I have dpoken to Samsung this morning and they say my watch needs repairing. The lovely lady I spkke to said its absolutely fixable. I would love to know if anyone else has sent theirs off for repair and what the outcome was.

0 Likes
Ramasas
Journeyman
Options

My return with the answer: The fault was not found or incorrectly described 😞

0 Likes
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options

So you are left with a watch which doesn't do what its supposed to do? 

0 Likes
Ramasas
Journeyman
Options

how sad it is, but yes. 😞

0 Likes