Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 30-01-2019 12:41 AM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options
Which country are you in, @Giedrius?
0 Likes
Giedrius
Apprentice
Options
I'm in the USA
0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options
Thanks. I'm really glad heart rate tracking has improved for you.
USA and Canada users are the lucky ones. The rest of the world (as far as I know, including me in the UK) are still waiting for the update....
0 Likes
Zardoz01
First Poster
Options

i am in the South Pacific, I don't really understand, surely a communication company just releases an update world wide update via the internet rather than a selected few at a time? Are they deliberately trying to make themselves look bad? Why drag it out?

0 Likes
Paul3877
Journeyman
Options

How can you trust a company that releases a watch that can't do what it was advertised to do at a prime price?

And with  regards to their update....I believe it when I see it.

Never again Samsung!

0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options

It is beyond ridiculous.

0 Likes
Silver_Surfer
Student
Options

Still nothing here in France , but if it is working now and for real I'm happy to wait but we really need confirmations that it is now working each and every time during a run or physical work.

0 Likes
Inzaghi007
Apprentice
Options
Well we need video confirmations that its fixed especially during hiit. For now I'm happy with my AW4. I will gladly go back to samsung if this fixed.
0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options
I think trying to record your watch during a HIIT session probably isn't a good idea....
Suffice to say everyone I've seen comment on the update on this and other forums state categorically that the update either 'fixes' or 'improves drastically' the heart rate issues.
The botched, fragmented and inconsistent manner in which Samsung deliver the update is another matter entirely. From speaking to software developers and experts it is clear to me that the GW is an extremely capable device but has been riddled with bugs from the outset due to untested software. The problem lies in the Tizen system which is the same system on Samsung watches, TVs, etc. There are too many layers and systems impacted by changes. This makes it slow to react and provide fixes and updates. On top of this, they are so huge and each country has a separate division. They seem not to talk to each other and are unaware of how and when an update taking place in one country will reach their own division.
To put it bluntly, this is exactly how Apple don't do it. But then again a brand new Apple watch costs twice the price of a Galaxy Watch. However, this is no excuse that the Galaxy Watch, out of the box cannot even function as advertised and described.
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

I think trying to record your watch during a HIIT session probably isn't a good idea....

@sonnett Why would you say this, it was sold with this as a feature, yes it doesnt work at the moment but to say its not a good idea is confusing a little? Recording HR during any activity using AU Record on the Galaxy Watch works fine, as it does using any watch face with HR display?

0 Likes