Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 15-12-2018 08:16 AM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
Zardoz01
First Poster
Options

I have found siunce shaving an area under the watch the heart rate monitor needs to be set to continuous monitoring or it goes into fail mode again. The silly thing is that it would appear the watch is capable of doing this rask effectively and I have no idea why Samsung does not address the issue with new updated software. Now I find the sleep monitor is totally out of wack from time to time.

0 Likes
Paul3877
Journeyman
Options

I am having the exact same problem.  My new Samsung Watch seems to accurately record my heart rate when I sit still but not when I move my arm.

I installed the AU Record app which is similar to Samsung health, it does show a constant heart rate but it's not an accurate reading.

0 Likes
Paul3877
Journeyman
Options

Same here, the heart rate monitor is flashing the whole time but no readings.....

Well done Samsung....

0 Likes
Tb1x
Journeyman
Options

Same here... I measuring fine when not moving. When I move or when the heart rate is above 100 (I don't know if it is one of them or a combination) I get a lot of gaps in the reading, green led is flashing all the time but no reading. And Samsung do nothing about it .... Shame on you Samsung 

AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Attached a screenshot during Weight machine workout

This is awfullSmartSelect_20181215-101259_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
Ashu
Apprentice
Options

I bought samsung watch last week and have noticed that it does not capture heart rate while running. Have been using fitbit from last 2 years and have never faced any such issue. It is an important feature of smart watches and not sure why samsung is ignoring it or not able to fix it. 

0 Likes
Paul3877
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys,

I sent an error report from my watch to samsung but I received a standard reply telling me to wear the watch tighter on my wrist...blah,blah,blah.

Anyway, I deleted the Samsung S application and installed Endomondo- the one with the green icon.

To my surprise the heart rate reading was correct.

I checked it against the heart rate monitor on the treadmill and the one on my phone and it was working very well... constantly.

I suggest you guys try it out, you got nothing to Lose.

Ashu
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Paul.

Will try this in my tomorrow's run.

Have one question. If we delete S Health then how can we keep a track of steps? 

I have moved from Fitbit to Smasung and is too obsessed with the count of Steps taken during a day.:face-with-rolling-eyes:

0 Likes
HP1980
Apprentice
Options

Just adding to the list to mention my Galaxy Watch HR is totally out of whack - I was just making a cup of tea at work and it showed at 140bpm. Measured it on my phone and it showed as 75bmp.

Looking at the forums it shows it's not just the Galaxy watch but seems to be the Gear range too

I AM wearing it in the right place on my wrist and it isn't too loose/tight - I wore my Fitbit just like this and it was spot on

Sort it out, Samsung

nemenos
Student
Options

Same problem for me... yesterday I was on my sofa, calm (real heart rate lesser 60bpm), my galaxywatch showed >200 bpm with several trials...

I think we have some real problems here...

I think I'll return my watch

0 Likes