Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 08-11-2018 04:39 PM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

went on a bike ride this morning, after 5 minutes it stopped tracking my heart rate and didn't even track the time, which is a first! Other bike rides and runs it never makes it all the way and flat lines loads of times during the exercise. I have spent £300 on a heart rate monitor that doesn't work and Samsung just tell me to take it to the repair shop! Really do I think they will have a clue what to do!

Rach77
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, how is your watch foing now? Any improvement? I had mine replaced but its still doing all the things that caused me to send it back. If you have had improvement in yours then maybe mine will too.
0 Likes
jefflevee
Journeyman
Options

No improvement at all, sadly.

0 Likes
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options
I think it's software, I use the Workout Trainer app on my watch and that tracks heartrate perfectly. If I use the on board workout tracking it's awful. The watch is absolutely capable of tracking heartrate but it seems that Samsung's software responsible for this is totally useless. They need to look at third party compatible aps which track workouts and heartrate and the software used.
0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

0 Likes
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options
I agree, I bought a Tickr chest strap and although it syncs to the app it doesn't pair to the watch. If this is the only workaround then I don't actually need the watch at all!
0 Likes
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options
Yes thats so annoying, I like the graphs.
0 Likes
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options
I agree, looks like software though or it wouldn't track heartrate at all. Hopefully Samsung can fix this.
0 Likes
Zardoz01
First Poster
Options

My S3 has identical problems as regards Heart Rate. Samsung suggested a factory reset which did nothing and after further communications said someone would contact me ASAP which also never happened.

Meantime I reduced the Apps and notifications and kept strictly what I needed without result. Then as a wild card I shaved the area directly beneath the watch and I am NOT a hairy guy. It now works and records without issue. So tightening straps to silly levels might help but shaving a small area woirked for me. Hopefully Samsung will resolve the issue as all my other sports watches never had this issue! (but their straps fell apart)  Good luck

0 Likes
gdamas
Apprentice
Options

I'm terribly disappointed with my Galaxy Watch. I'm using it since day one (pre-order on-line).

I have A LOT of problems with heart rate and stress trackers. Almost all the time, I don't see a proper result on my screen, all I see is a "Measuring..." message. The watch trying and trying to detect HR and stress. How can I ***TRUST*** this? Specially during exercises? Even during exercises, the trackers failure many times.

The watch is correctly placed. The sensors (the green light) are clean. The trackers are set to measure HR and stress continuously. I rarely sweat. But the problem persists, no matter if I'm on an exercise or very calm on my couch.

Before this Galaxy Watch, I had a HUAWEI WATCH 2. This kind of problem NEVER ocurred. Always PERFECT.

Now I search Google and find lots of people complaining about the same thing about the Galaxy Watch, month after month. Where's the fix? What a shame, Samsung.

0 Likes