Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 12-06-2019 08:34 AM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@AndreiV - Yes mate, mine is still ok as of this moment, all day HR tracking fine, swimming fine, workouts fine.

shealth.jpg

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options
Indeed pretty strange, till today everything was smooth, same position same tightness. I tried to wear it 2 holes tighter to see
0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@AndreiV - In the early days when the GW was pretty poor, I seem to recall they rolled out an over the air fix for something, never publicised it as such but it definately changed something, I cant remember what it was but I posted on here somewhere about it.

Maybe they have done that again and its caused the issue? If so no doubt mine will start failng in the next few days too :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

@GaryBrett 

Don't know what to say, probably you are right.

My deadline for sending back the Fenix is 13 June :smiling-face: I've removed Garmin Connect app and hit a reset to the watch but I might get it back anytime haha :smiling-face:

I prefer the galaxy watch because looks much better the display is way much better than on Fenix. This is why I am still undecided ...

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

After facing the whole day drops I've decided to put back the Fenix

SmartSelect_20190611-153022_Gallery.jpg

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Took it for a run, Fenix on left , Galaxy Watch on right. Not a single drop, everything smooth, that's strange.Screenshot_20190612-020149_Samsung Health.jpg

Don't know what to believe but thinking again to keep the Fenix due to inconsistencies of galaxy Watch

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options
I meant it is strange to see that it works perfectly and then without any reasons start to freeze, fails to read the HR, etc.

Now I am again stucked between Fenix and Galaxy and don't know what to do
I have to chose between
- better display - Samsung
- better metric stats - Garmin
- better looking - Samsung
- better sensors - Garmin
0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options
I believe I'll simply ignore the HR drops and that's it
0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@AndreiV - Its a tough one, Ive been back and forward since last August but now the HR is resolved (for me at least) I think Im staying with it.

Ive always thought its a great smartwatch, taking calls and texts is very handy, battery life is great and as you say its looks lovely, my only problem was fitness tracking, moving from a Fitbit this stood out massively. Im not a serious athelete but like to keep track on daily health and training 3/4 times per week so it suits me fine when it works.

If I had a Fenix like you I may feel different or if I was a serious runner I may be inclined to go with Garmin simply for its data, in fact if I had the money I'd probably go with Whoop as it has stuff I am interested in.

Not sure that helps you in any way but Im sure youll make the right decision..

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

@GaryBrett 

Indeed a lot of stats but how many do we use as an average person who want to lose weight and trading gym, running etc?

I'll send back the Fenix and that's it, hoping for the best with Galaxy Watch

0 Likes