Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 08-06-2019 05:21 PM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

@GaryBrett I know that Gary, I've recorded one workout, Weight Machine for a full hour.

I'm wondering if I should pause between exercises at least, to have a more accurate reading 

0 Likes
Tb1x
Journeyman
Options

@AndreiV  how does rhe HR react when you're in the car? Min works fine when I workout but it freezes when I'm in the car. 

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

@Tb1x wearing to loose?

Mine works smooth in the car, gym, etc

0 Likes
Tb1x
Journeyman
Options

@AndreiV No I wear it tight, like at the gym. The strange thing is that it works fine all the time with HR always on until I get in the car 😕 Are you using LTE version? And what fw version are you using? I'm using R805FXXU1ESD8 

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@Tb1x - Mine did this too mentoned it above I think. Each evening when leaving work I notice 2 minutes into the drive home the HR is frozen, always had to reboot to fix. With OneUi update it still happens now and again but corrects itself.

I can only think its something to do with bluetooth device conflict in the car as it doesn't happen when I leave work and go for a walk. Very odd

0 Likes
Tb1x
Journeyman
Options

@GaryBrett  I think I missed your post. I will set my watch in airplane mode and go for a drive and see if it helps. Strange if it's the Bluetooth in the car because it doesn't happen at home where I use a lot of Bluetooth devices. 

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@Tb1x - to be honest its probably not Bluetooth, I've just run out of ideas why it happens and that's the only thing that's different from leaving the office for a walk and leaving to drive home 😉

Cant see why it would affect HR but who knows 👍

0 Likes
Tb1x
Journeyman
Options

@GaryBrett I switched on flight mode and drove for about 45 minutes and no problem with the HR at all. When I turned off flight mode there was a smal gap in the HR. So maby it is the Bluetooth? 

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options
Happens only in your car? What about trying to drive another car?
0 Likes
Tb1x
Journeyman
Options

@AndreiV I will try an old car today without Bluetooth to see if this will happen 👌

0 Likes