Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 20-04-2019 09:06 AM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
AndreiV
Navigator
Options
I'm convinced to send it back in service
0 Likes
xchatter
Apprentice
Options

@AndreiV wrote:
I'm convinced to send it back in service

I wouldn't keep my hopes high. From the gigantic amount of users complaining about this I haven't read about anyone who had this issue and he got the watch repaired or replaced conclusively resolving the problem including myself. 

AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Performed a factory reset without restoring settings

See down my weights machines training...

Screenshot_20190420-110359_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Bought a Galaxy Watch Active for my wife and tried in gym today both watches (left hand with my Galaxy Watch and right hand with the new Galaxy Watch Active)

See the running on my Galaxy watch with flatline for almost 15 minutes (from 30 total workout) and below see the recordings from Galaxy Watch Active. 

received_287865418822130.png

received_411130519619643.jpeg

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Watch active did an excellent job, lost the reading for like a minute and then started to record HR back while my Galaxy Watch was struggling for 15 minutes...
GeorgeHudson
First Poster
Options

My watch has been collected today for the 5th time by Samsung for repair.  The motherboard and HR sensor has been replaced twice.  It will be repaired for the 3rd time (I am assured) before they will consider any other solution to resolving the none functioning HR monitoring during workouts.  Don't know what they did the other two times they had the device.  This watch is just like their Note 7 and Galaxy Fold smartphones, it should not have been released.  I would like to see BBC Watchdog follow up on this issue and the poor after sales service of Samsung.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
Out of curiosity what is the 'Other solution', refund? Keep us updated
0 Likes
SCO7TY
Apprentice
Options

No other solution. Send it back.

0 Likes
Steve49875
First Poster
Options

Try shaving hair off wrist and tighten watch strap so watch can not move around, worked perfect for me today on 1.5 hour cycle, first time I have not flatline since owning the wat h

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Did that many times, sometimes worked too, sometimes didn't worked, could be a coincidence.

0 Likes