Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 01-04-2019 12:18 PM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
m4tthall
Explorer
Options
Would concur with sco7ty. Given that it hasn't been resolved after all this time I have come to the conclusion it never will be.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Thank you for the opinions and posts. 

I have decided to return the watch tomorrow ASAP for a full refund. 

Again, I am so dissapointed because this is really a great smartwatch... But health wise, its a big bummer.

Good day all

0 Likes
DarkhalTM
First Poster
Options

Same problem here...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SHlCaLdyQ_rrMU0Ag-TjNEmRQW1qVHv3/view?usp=sharing

And the samsung response is very dissapointed.

0 Likes
Bramdd
First Poster
Options

Same problem...

0 Likes
GMSundown
First Poster
Options

Same problem no solution. Samsung products are becoming close to worthless. They are released but are incomplete!

Also note the new S9 update disallows recording of phone calls.  If your in business this is important. Another reason not to use Samsung.

0 Likes
Fendera
First Poster
Options

Now we have 2019 and the problem still exists

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Until they allow 3rd party fitnss tracking directly (bypassing S Health) or set it to restart the HR sensor when it stops this problem isnt getting fixed anytime soon in  my humble opinion.

To my simple mind its easy, code it to look for sensor failure, if it finds one wait 20 seconds then restart the sensor. Job done, pretty sure its not that easy but it could be done if they chose to do it.

Thats where the issue lies, they dont need to fix it while people are buying the Gear, then the Galaxy and now the Active

AndreiV
Navigator
Options
I totally agree, an auto restart sensor will actually do the job, I'm sure that works this way on other devices. Stucked, restart voila.

I'm curious to see if is there any fix in the latest update, is there anyone who received it? I'm talking about last week update
0 Likes
DarkhalTM
First Poster
Options

No update... Problem still appear randomly

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

0 Likes