Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch music app says "connect to phone" when phone is connected.

(Topic created on: 27-10-2018 10:53 PM)
ha5
Apprentice
Options

As per the above. 

Watch is on latest tizen 4.0.0.1

Phone is Nokia 8 with Android 8.1.0

Everything works and syncs fine.

But the music app - displays the "artist image" for the song playing (in amazon music or any other music app on the phone).. but does not allow me to pause, play, skip track... and has a permanent "connect to phone" under the controls... which of course cannot connect (despite the watch being obviously connected).

22 REPLIES 22
AniruddhaBasu
First Poster
Options

i just bought the galaxy watch and i'm having the same issue, i can't control my playlist or any music that is on my phone, it's continuously asking me for connecting to your phone, while it's already connected. imIusing the Poco F1. any solution ? please help

0 Likes
ha5
Apprentice
Options

as I outlined earlier. 

the solution is to buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 9! I am being sarcastic of course.

Its clear that the Samsung team does not test the functionality of their devices with other brands before releasing it to the general market! Nor do they seem particularly bothered about even replying to or updating their devices afterwards. 

as someone who regularly develops software for both android and IOT... I suspect one software engineer could correct the above error in a single day. 

But of course Samsung would be loath to do that.

0 Likes
DrGreenThumb79
First Poster
Options

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to note that every single comment, the user has a Nokia phone. I have the Galaxy watch and a Galaxy s9 Plus, and I'm having the same issue so I don't know actually. It's funny why support is not answering any of these questions. I heard this watch wasn't even supposed to work with a phone other than a Samsung?

0 Likes
Mohamed_azab645
First Poster
Options

Both the phone and the watch are up to date but still no problem fixed 

Phone : nokia 8 

Android : pie 9 

Watch : galaxy watch 

0 Likes
timovos
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here. All software up to date.

Tizen: 4.0.0.4

Nokia 8

Android 9

0 Likes
Martin7791
Student
Options

Nokia 7 plus and galaxy watch 3. I have still same issue. 

0 Likes
Dom_Exeter
First Poster
Options

Any solution yet?

0 Likes
yssalamat
First Poster
Options

yes,just change your phone to Samsung!!

0 Likes
RobbFlynn
First Poster
Options

Not just nokia, huawei as well:

huawei p20 pro

galaxy watch

same behavious: watch is connected to phone and i receive notifications, however in the music ap it fails to connect to phone.

later edit: just talked to samsung support and was instructed to reset the watch. It didn't make much sense as the watch is brand new and it has just been set up. But i did it anyway. Now, it works as expected: bluetooth earphones are connected and the media app on the watch is responding as expected. Will of course monitor this further - should it happen again, the watch is going back.

0 Likes
rutgerkra
Student
Options

Same issue here. Using up to date Nokia 7 plus running Android 9.

0 Likes