Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch - motion/gyro stops working, only reset + hard reset fix

(Topic created on: 27-11-2019 10:01 PM)
Squirrelhitscar
Apprentice
Options

46mm Galaxy watch motion/accelerometer/gyroscope stops working.  The step counter stops, wakeup gesture stops, and the little animation on the stock watch face doesn't do it's thing.

Reset using the settings menu doesn't fix

Hard reset through reboot menu doesn't fix

But!  Reset through settings + hard reset through reboot = motion/step/wakeup works again!...for a little bit

After a couple of hours it stops working again.

No other apps installed, turning on and off wakeup gesture/do not disturb (or whatever its called)/theater mode do not fix

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@Squirrelhitscar: Do you have your watch connected to a mobile device using the Wearables app? Is the device set up to auto detect workouts or are you manually activating each activity?
Squirrelhitscar
Apprentice
Options

I have it connected to my note 8 using the wearables app, this time around I'm trying to turn off the update features (update over wifi and turned my phones wifi off).  

The watch is currently in it's stock state running r800xxu1bsa4 without issue for 10 minutes now

0 Likes
Squirrelhitscar
Apprentice
Options

Not allowing it to update didn't work.  Motion sensor lasts for a little bit each time and then stops working.

0 Likes
Squirrelhitscar
Apprentice
Options

Trying to restart the phone without pairing it at all

0 Likes
Andrew-M
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue, did you find a fix for this yet? I've only had the watch a short time. I bought it for the gym but its just not working properly

0 Likes