Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch - google assistant

(Topic created on: 24-07-2019 12:24 PM)
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I want to use google assistant on Galaxy Watch but it seems like it's not supported? can we get it in a future update please?

60 REPLIES 60
Barben360
Journeyman
Options

It does work. However you can't do advanced things like setting an alarm, a reminder or something like that. You can interact with Google services but nothing on the device itself, which makes it quite useless.

Floris20
First Poster
Options

Isn't it possible for samsung to make an update that activates the google assistant on the phone it's connected to (only android i think because at apple phones it will activate siri). I use the google assistant on my BT earbuds all the time and it works perfect (i set the G-assistant to be activated by bluetooth headphones even if the screen is off) so why not let the watch act the same way? 

0 Likes
Barben360
Journeyman
Options

Because Samsung still believes in Bixby to beat Google Assistant so they try to force users to use it.

Nitoz
Apprentice
Options

Come on Samsung, give us google assistens on the active 2 watch... Bixby don't even understand swedish, so it's just awful to use for 85% of the worlds population. Get into the game and fix google assistans asap. Listen to the community once and do the right thing.

0 Likes
Nitoz
Apprentice
Options

what i wanna be able to do is to just simplay say "ok, google. set an alarm on 7min" but in swedish. That is what a smart watch is for... it's just so stupid and a bad move of you samsung to not implement this to the watch... stop being stupid now.

0 Likes
MrDavo
Student
Options

Agreed. I've just purchased a Samsung Active Watch 2 after owning a Fitbit for over a year (great little piece of kit). 

After paying $500 for the watch (more then my S9 phone) I'm finding that the lack of Google Assistance (to use all my Google connected deviced) and google maps, keep tasks etc, unbearable. 

1 day with it, and I'm considering taking it back.

0 Likes
MrDavo
Student
Options
Thats great, but how do you control Google Assistance from the new Active Watch 2?

I have many google home devices and am not able to say things like "Play Spotify on Audiocast" Audiocast being the name of a Google Home device.

This watch is useless in a google world, please explain.
Saitaer
First Poster
Options

I just got the Watch and I thought Oh I will just have to change to Bixby. It does not understand me. I say hay google drive me home and it directs me to my house. Bixby tells me it does not know how to do that.  

It has spelling errors and there is no way for me to just teach it. Like I want a feature if your forcing me to use Bixby let me teach it how to understand me. I will read the ***** thing a book if it would fix it. 

Google works so much better and it is annoying that the watch cant use it. i get you want to fix Bixby and when you do send me a message and ask me to test out the latest verson so I can see if it is working. When Bixby cant open the GPS Drive app on your own phone when I ask it to? What is wrong with that.

Please I want this watch to work its my deam to have this watch where my phone will now be on my arm. You are destroying my dream cause I want to talk to my watch! And I dont need it to tell me it does not know how to do that yet. 

0 Likes
MissT
Student
Options

Return it Saitaer! I bought a different Android watch and couldn't be happier with it. Happily using Google Assistant smoothly rather than fighting with Bixby. Bad move for Samsung to force Bixby on watch users because the simple answer is ditch the Samsung watch and buy one that actually works.

0 Likes
sorgiulio
Journeyman
Options

What I find difficult to understand and accept is how no one developed a third party app that makes a smartwatch do what a cheap pair of bluetooth headphones has been able to do for some time already. I don't need google assistant in my watch as I have it already in my phone in my bag. What I need is to be able to access it remotely from my watch as I do from my cheap headphones. Simple as that. I seriously can't beleive how such a simple and useful thing hasn't been implemented yet by any third party developers.

0 Likes