Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch and Strava

(Topic created on: 16-10-2019 08:32 PM)
trbox
Apprentice
Options

I just bought the Galaxy Watch 42mm, and so far I'm happy with the watch. The UI is great, navigating with the bezel is a dream, and notifications work great even though I'm using an iPhone.

However, the fact that I have no option to use Strava with the Galaxy Watch, either native app or through Samsung Health, is mind-boggling. And infuriating. Especially since Strava is featured as one of the apps for the Galaxy Watch on Samsung's website (https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch/). 

Imgur link showing how they feature the Strava app on Galaxy Watch (https://imgur.com/a/CkUan2p).

The only communication regarding Strava on the Galaxy Watch is from @StravaSupport on Twitter. Which in itself is weird. No communication from Samsung, yet Strava informs the community that Samsung is working on an app.

I really hope Samsung tells us what their plan is, and when we can expect the Strava app. Featuring an app on their "showcase" page that isn't available several weeks after launch is unacceptable.

So, Samsung: what is your plan with regards to the advertised Strava app on the Galaxy Watch?

102 REPLIES 102
bombmeo
Student
Options

Three times I've tried to use Strava on my Active 2 and they all crashed. Lost all info. Deleting from watch. 

strava
Student
Options

Your lucky you having something to crash, the GPS for Strava on my galaxy watch is useless, i would be half way through a ride before anything records if lucky yet GPS on samsung health ok , but you cant load that to strava, waste of money, my wifes £70 fitbit better by a mile

0 Likes
Sarajw70
Apprentice
Options

Ok ... getting sick of the strava app now !!  Its either failing to record activity at all... crashing and not recording any activity ..... or get this ... last week it recorded me doing 49 miles on an 7.5 km route !!!  What's more annoying is the lack of response from samsung on this !  If it's own app wasnt so woefully poor we wouldnt botherwith the strava app !!  Seriously considering going back to the apple watch and phone !!  Never had issues syncing activity or using the app !!

0 Likes
misc_images
Apprentice
Options

Has Samsung health stopped syncing with strava altogether now?

0 Likes
RobertR
Apprentice
Options
same here. Strava app stops at 6.89kmh speed and then freezes completely, only time ticking. Restart, reinstall, nothing helps. Peace of junk. Native sports tracker works well but there is no strava sync for 99% users and also no altitude and HR data, even no map in the galaxy health app, also a useless app for real activity monitoring. Galaxy watch is not a sport watch, non of the Samsung or xiaomi watches. If you are really serious about tracking your activities then buy from a Garmin, polar etc.
RobertR
Apprentice
Options

DONT BUY THIS WATCH IF YOU SERIOUS ABOUT THE GPS TRACKING ACTIVITIES, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED. I get it Samsung, you want users to use your own apps and ecosystem, but make him worthy to use, for now, it's totaly useless for users that are serious about their activities data.

Harithk
Student
Options
Has anyone been able to find a fix for this? 😕 I plan on selling my Watch Active 2 otherwise. Pretty useless considering the fact that their Running "Coach" sounds like a boring robot.
0 Likes
bombmeo
Student
Options

I ended up returning mine. The heart rate monitor was so off. It would record 112 bpm while I'm sitting at my desk. Though I will say during exercise it wasnt too off.  But also while running didn't seem to measure my distance correctly. 

Also, I heard Strava is getting rid of recording rides and runs directly from mobile (I assume watches as well) .  Too many issues and crashes. They're suppose issue of deals on Polar, which I'd gladly take. 

0 Likes
Raver45
First Poster
Options

Any update from Samsung on this? I can sync from Strava using their app on the Galaxy Watch Activ2 to Samsung Health but not from Samsung running app on the watch > Samsung Health > Strava. 

Grant837
Explorer
Options

Hey, I too tried Strava... but on my Active2 watch, it simply stopped recording my fitness, and on my iphone app, it would not support connecting to my watch due to a wierd app message.  Bummer, as I have friends who love this app, and I can not join.

Is there an app or other way of using the data from the watch that is better, or should I stick with Samsung Health?

I upgraded from at TomTom, but so far, for fitness, that old, un-suported watch was much more straight forward...

Grant

0 Likes