- sync with strava not working at all, I have tried everything. VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME. SAMSUNG PLEASE, FIX THIS.
- Strava app for a watch is hopeless and almost unusable, don't show any useful data during recording activity.
- Native Health activity app is also very basic, showing only three values at the same time.
- No altitude data during cycling, pretty essential information for me when going uphill.
- No GPS data in Galaxy Health app when you open your training, no map, no altitude profile, just little graph with speed and HR = useless.
- Cal meter is very basic, you can go 10km uphill or downhill, the watch will be shown roughly the same values, not considering the intensity of the training.
- Floor meter not too much good, registered only huge floors difference.
- No export (GXP data)
- HR is pretty accurate, that's good.
- I'm not sure if display stays ON even in the night when you sleep, but basically, you must turn on the night mode, manually.
- Watch have flowless Tizen OS and they look pretty good, OLED display is great, but the whole watch is basically advanced step monitor, they are not truly fitness watches like a Garmin, but Garmin is way more expensive (basic models looks cheap) and Garmin use reflective display, in some cases that are advantageous but not for me, I wanted OLED.
For those who need a good looking watch with basic smartwatch features and good fitness ability, go for Huawei watch GT, they look good, cheaper then galaxy watch, same as GW does not support strava sync(for someone no big deal) OLED display and 5-10 times better battery life than GW.
Has anyone had any problems with the strava app crashing out on their watch? I got really frustrated after running for about 1 mile then next thing I know the app has crashed. Had to restart and not include my first mile. Got really annoyed so swapped to mapmyrun, but much prefer the strava data. Have not managed to sync shealth app to strava on my phone successfully.....
No longer ger possible to download the strava app on to the galaxy watch. Strava must have pulled it due to all the problems but a notification would have been nice. Moving to an alternative which is a nuisance but strava has been on a downward spiral.
Is the battery going to be able to play music plus track your Strava activity? Because at the moment it doesn't. Samsung Health plus music equals dead watch after 2 hours. Still trying to rectify but no help from Samsung thus far. Watch sent off three times but told there's nothing wrong with it on each occasion and sent back to me. I don't want it to track my heart rate, location etc.etc I just want it to tell me how many kilometres I've run. Has anyone achieved any success with music plus activity tracking plus battery life yet? PS I'm a long distance runner and preparing for marathon which means a lot of km's without the phone.
I don't know if this thread is still alive but I was hoping to get some help.
I have samsung galaxy watch that was working apsolutely find and smoothly with my xiaomi redmi note 5.
Strava app and strava watchface were installed through the galaxy store without any issue.
I have upgraded to galaxy note 10, installed the same apps to get the watch as was but unfortunately the app now is missing from the store. I found only the watch face that of course does not work without the app.
In both cases of course my strava account is linked with samsung health app.
Trying to found out what have gone wrong I connected again watch+redmi (watch performed reset) and the app was there working as usual.
Connected again with note10 and the app is missing from store.
Both phones have the same region.
Any idea what could be the issue?
I cant see the strava app either now in the store - having just got a note 10 and the galaxy watch.
I am however using Pear Sports which seems to sync flawlessly with strava. it does sync with Samsung health but doesnt seem to send over the gps info, yet it does to Strava. Particularly confusing when its pitched at samsung users.
Sorry strava is ***** on my Samsung galaxy watch, it might start after about 7 / 8 miles into ride then it only comes up couple straight lines , reset several times,what waste money, my wife’s £70 fit bit tons better, should have gone for a Phenex or like
Seems that after such a long time of people complaining all over the internet about this issue Samsung does nothing to address it.
I have runs from 3.5 days ago which are still not synchronized with Strava. Sometimes it takes 1 or 2 days, but this is a new record. It's my first and last Samsung gear device and phone.