Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch always on display not working

(Topic created on: 22-12-2018 09:04 PM)
Hammerxc
Journeyman
Options

I have the larger Galaxy Watch. When set to watch always on the display still times out and falls asleep. Confirmed it is set to watch always on both in setting and quick setting screen showing blue dot for always on. Is my watch defective?

Go to solution
77 REPLIES 77
arieltools
First Poster
Options

Make sure the HR sensor is free of debris / clean. The AOD won't launch if the watch doesn't detect it's being worn.

0 Likes
James_gray
First Poster
Options

Please check if the theatre mode is turned off. I had the same issue when theatre mode was accidentally on. Turning it off solved it. 

0 Likes
Jfkjr111
First Poster
Options

After trying all of the numerous fixes suggested, found out that if you have wake gesture turned on it disables the screen from staying on and showing the whole watch face. But even then it only stays on for max of 5 minutes.

0 Likes
Clloud911
Student
Options
This worked for me. Who knew it was that simple eh!
0 Likes
Ramesh27958
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue... I literally tried everything reset the device 4 times uninstalled the gear app. 

Theater mode is off

Heart rate is manual

Always on is obviously on

Goodnight mode off

Gesture wake up off

Tried with all the regular watch faces. 

Literally tried everything that people had suggested with this issue. 

I literally works for 30mins then boom out of nowhere its off. 

It just falls asleep like I dont get it.

I tried timeout screen 5 mins it turns right asleep within 2 secounds.  I think it's a bug at this point i literally just had software update yesterday that didn't even make the slightest difference for this issue. I have given up and I honestly love this watch and it just messed up.

Samsung's wants me to drive 2 hours to a store to have something that I should have. 

0 Likes
purpletiger
Journeyman
Options

First off, I loved the watch, but I have tried everthing under the sun to get the AOD to work correctly. I am now convinced that it is a design flaw and a software update won't fix this problem. I am also convinced tha SAMSUNG IS AWARE OF THIS PROBLEM!

I finally gave up and took it back to BESTBUY. 

Wiggs15
First Poster
Options

I 100% sure know what's going on with the watch after all this time y'all can thank me for some reason the always on display only stays on when you slide it far enough up your wrist for me it went so far up I couldn't even call it my wrist anymore LOL I don't know why it's like this but this is what's wrong with the watch it also won't read heart rate if its not slid up far enough and keep this in mind I'm not a small person I'm 6'2 220 its just the watch in general 

0 Likes
Biggxs
First Poster
Options

Hi, You can pull down the quick settings on the main watch face. With the Aod/clock toggle and tap it on and off 2 or 3 times. An it will override any bugs until whenever.      

Just a quick fix.     

From Trinibago. Happy new year.

0 Likes
purpletiger
Journeyman
Options

I solved my problem by downloading app (I AM ALIVE),from the app store.

It makes the display stay on until I close the app.

Thanks for your reply!

Ramesh27958
First Poster
Options

Yes but now my problem is that the app won't stay on, LOL I turn the app on to the green switch then 3 mins later go back and the i am alive app switch is off. So how do I keep the app running?? 

0 Likes