Support

Open search

Galaxy Watch always on display not working

Apprentice
THIS post claimed "SOLVED" BUT IT IS NOT SOLVED

When the AOD DOES work, so does the exercise and HR sensor. I got The same on my Brand New watch i bought today

Explorer

Hopefully, Samsung will release an update that fixes this problem?

First Poster

I came here looking for an answer to the same problem. AOD didn't work. Lifing my arm would not bring up the display. Only rotating the bezel seemed to work. I didn't see a solution here so I got to digging into the settings and somehow I had turned on "Theater mode". Turned that off and all is now normal. Hope this may help some out there.

This solved my issue, thanks a lot 👍

(référence to turning theatre mode off ) 

I turned off good night mode and It is workable 

Try turning off theatre mode.

This is annoying as stops always on working.

Found in settings. 

+Advanced

+Theatre mode.

+OFF

Hope this helps

Explorer

One of the first things I checked was all the settings, I even went into my local EE shop and got the guy in there to check.

Quick update though,  my watch can go for days behaving itself and then I get problems.

I have found that if the AOD is working and then I move the watch from my arm slightly, the AOD turns off. 

I then have to keep adjusting how it sits on my arm before it’ll work again.

I am convinced it has something to do with the sensors and how they sit on your arm.

Apprentice

Same here, aod turn off complety dark. Time to sell this ***** and buy a clock width android wear

First Poster

Mine did the same after I turned on goodnight mode. Once I turned that feature off it worked fine.

Top Liked Authors