Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch always on display not working

(Topic created on: 22-12-2018 11:16 PM)
Hammerxc
Journeyman
Options

I have the larger Galaxy Watch. When set to watch always on the display still times out and falls asleep. Confirmed it is set to watch always on both in setting and quick setting screen showing blue dot for always on. Is my watch defective?

77 REPLIES 77
sunnyd24
Explorer
Options

I have the same 46mm watch and have exactly the same issue, I have tried all the built in watchfaces and 3rd party watchfaces but none stay AOD (even with all settings as suggested by Samsung).

Also the wake on arm raise does not work too!

Anybody got any ideas?

Are these known bugs?

Are there any workarounds or fixes being released? 

Kind regards, 

Sunny 

SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Is "Do not disturb" or a similar feature on? That might override it :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Hammerxc
Journeyman
Options

Do not disturb is not on (nor any similar setting) 

I reset my watch and it worked until I changed settings such as which apps to allow notifications to show, then the always on display again quit working  along with the tilt to wake .

Reset again, again same experience. I'm thinking about returning my watch. 

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Sounds like a bug to me. I will test it out on my watch tomorrow :smiling-face:
Hammerxc
Journeyman
Options

UPDATED #2- Now most notifications not coming thru. AOD is still working, as is gesture to wake up, but notifications not reliable. Sometimes don't show up at all, other times very delayed in showing up (TXT or email), and sometimes show up when they should.

UPDATED- notifications now working, will update if that changes. Constant on display still working now. I did about 4 or 5 resets in total. 

---------------------

Now after the last reset constant on display works, but notifications are not showing up (either by screen notification or scrolling the dial to where they should be).

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Many factory resets doesn't have added value, I would only attempt that option once (Reboots can be tried every time after a chance for troubleshooting reasons).

What I did in my troubleshooting scenario:
1: Turned always on display on
2: Changed Notification Settings
3: Turn Watch off
4: Watch Watch on
5: Turned notifications of a few apps off

6: Restart

Notifications configured in the app might take some time before they are synced to the watch (Max 5 minutes :smiling-face: ). There will always be a small delay because its a different device and some phones don't really have an optimal bluetooth antenna. Which might be the cause for longer delays (Longer than 30 seconds for notifications).

Always on display works for me.

For my testing I use a Galaxy S9+ and the Galaxy Watch.

0 Likes
Solution
Hammerxc
Journeyman
Options

Update:

After the last reset of the watch didn't fix things I removed the app & plug in from my phone & reinstalled  

It is now working properly for the past 2 days. 

John1953
Journeyman
Options
What do you mean uninstall app and plugin? My aod doesn't work on my 46mm
0 Likes
Hammerxc
Journeyman
Options

First I went into settings, selected apps, cleared all data from the Samsung Galaxy Wearable app and Galaxy watch plug in, then uninstalled both. I then reinstalled the app and after set up everything now works. 

0 Likes