Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch always on display not working

(Topic created on: 23-06-2019 06:33 PM)
Hammerxc
Journeyman
Options

I have the larger Galaxy Watch. When set to watch always on the display still times out and falls asleep. Confirmed it is set to watch always on both in setting and quick setting screen showing blue dot for always on. Is my watch defective?

77 REPLIES 77
Yiannis5
First Poster
Options
I had the same problem. Followed your advice. Once I set the heart beat monitor to "never" it worked! But Samsung need to fix this. One of the reasons I bought the watch is for heart beat monitoring!
The5eagull
Explorer
Options
Update....
Having followed all the advice on this thread, checked and double checked all settings on watch, tried various different things...it still isn’t right.
My AOD will go for days behaving itself and then 3 or 4 days playing up.
When it does play up, my exercise stops after precisely 20 and 6 seconds and I am unable to measure HR.
If it IS behaving, moving the watch slightly away from my wrist will cause the AOD to turn off again.
This is my 3rd watch, having returned the previous 2 because I thought they were faulty.
I paid a lot of money for this as no doubt you all have and I’m fed up with it now.
I got a message telling me an update was available for the watch 2 days ago. ‘Great I thought, this is bound to fix the issue’
How naive of me, it’s no different, just different colours!!!

DOES ANYONE FROM SUMSUNG SUPPORT EVER READ THIS FORUM ?
Martin_R
First Poster
Options
Thank you. It works for me in my Galaxy Watch 46. Both, AOD and
0 Likes
The5eagull
Explorer
Options

Guess what google just found.

looks like it IS all down to a problem with the sensor.

You need to register a HR to use this feature.

ARE YOU READING THIS SAMSUNG SUPPORT 🤔

The5eagull
Explorer
Options
I did try to post a screenshot but it won’t let me.

The article states ‘this function will not be available if a heartbeat is not detected’
This will be the reason it goes off when removed from the wrist. If the sensor can’t detect a heartbeat the AOD will turn off.
Well that’s fixed then, it’s either the watch has faulty sensors, or I’m dead 😵
Framps
Student
Options

I have only had my watch 2 days and on the first day had the problem of the watch display staying on, I seemed to have fixed the problem by turning theatre mode off and it's been fine since. I hop this helps out.

0 Likes
Framps
Student
Options

@sunnyd24 wrote:

I have the same 46mm watch and have exactly the same issue, I have tried all the built in watchfaces and 3rd party watchfaces but none stay AOD (even with all settings as suggested by Samsung).

Also the wake on arm raise does not work too!

Anybody got any ideas?

Are these known bugs?

Are there any workarounds or fixes being released? 

Kind regards, 

Sunny 

I have only had my watch 2 days and on the first day had the problem of the watch display staying on, I seemed to have fixed the problem by turning theatre mode off and it's been fine since. I hop this helps out.

The5eagull
Explorer
Options

@sunnyd24 wrote:

I have the same 46mm watch and have exactly the same issue, I have tried all the built in watchfaces and 3rd party watchfaces but none stay AOD (even with all settings as suggested by Samsung).

Also the wake on arm raise does not work too!

Anybody got any ideas?

Are these known bugs?

Are there any workarounds or fixes being released? 

Kind regards, 

Sunny 

As I posted before, google states that if the watch does not detect a HR, the AOD will not work.

This also affects other watch functions like tracking exercise.

This is a problem with the sensors, not any watch faces.

Samsung need to sort this out with an update.

i find that if the AOD goes off, I keep lifting the watch from my wrist slightly and then replacing it. It normally comes back after a few tries.

normally, once it is working it will work all day. It’s just annoying.

the last 2 days or so, the watch has been behaving as it should.

When it does, it’s a quality watch....I love it

0 Likes
bear_music
First Poster
Options

For sure, it seems to be as simple as turning off the Goodnight mode, which I had mistakenly turned to "On Now".

0 Likes
PNB
First Poster
Options

I found out one thing. The sensor at bottom of this watch need to be placed on some object (e.g. table or hand). After several seconds AOD is working normaly, so maybe this is the reason.

My watch is working on last update.