Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch - Watch face not reappearing when lifting or twisting wrist

(Topic created on: 27-09-2018 03:10 PM)
redhotmouse
Apprentice
Options

Initially when I lifted my arm or twisted my wrist the watch would appear instantly, which was brilliant!

I added a few apps and (like you do) had a play around with my fancy new watch.  It then decided not to do that anymore .. which I assumed was because I'd switched something off or whatever whilst fiddling.  I then needed to press a button or turn the bezel for the watch face to appear.

I then tried to retrace my steps but nothing worked.  In the end I reset the watch and lo and behold everything came back as before.  Happy days.

I've been customising the watch again today and it's happened again.  I want the watch face so it appears when I look at it (not have to push buttons or the bezel) and for it to switch to black after (say) ten seconds.  I'd rather not have to reset it again (though that' is an option of course).  Which setting do I need to return to to get it to do that !?

Thanks in advance.

David

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
That's good news, @redhotmouse. I'd recommend installing any apps you previously had on the device one at a time and checking the functionality of your Wake Up Gesture with each addition. Once it stops working as expected you will have identified the culprit, in which case you can either remove it or check the permissions to see if it's possible to keep the wake up gesture in place (although that is unlikely).

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Mjølner
Journeyman
Options

It happened to me too! I found out it was the goodnight mode being turned on that caused this (its under the advanced menu).

View solution in context

35 REPLIES 35
AndrewL
Options
Hi @redhotmouse

It may be the case that an app or custom watch face has a permission whereby the wake up gesture will not function while it is installed. I understand that it is not ideal however it would be beneficial at this stage to remove any recently installed apps or features until the wake up gesture begins to work as expected, as this will give you an idea of what is causing the issue. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
0 Likes
redhotmouse
Apprentice
Options

OK, I'll reset again and see if I can find which app is causing the issue.

Thanks for a fast response.  The watch is quite brilliant.

AndrewL
Options
No problem @redhotmouse. Let us know how you get on.
0 Likes
redhotmouse
Apprentice
Options

Back to normal again after a reset.  Still wondering which app causes this though !

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
That's good news, @redhotmouse. I'd recommend installing any apps you previously had on the device one at a time and checking the functionality of your Wake Up Gesture with each addition. Once it stops working as expected you will have identified the culprit, in which case you can either remove it or check the permissions to see if it's possible to keep the wake up gesture in place (although that is unlikely).
0 Likes
Solution
Mjølner
Journeyman
Options

It happened to me too! I found out it was the goodnight mode being turned on that caused this (its under the advanced menu).

MIckavellian
Student
Options

There are three settings for the autowake up. I spent one hour and these worked

Wake up = yes

Use bezel= no

Use wrist movement yes.

BUT the moment I set a different face it all went to hell.

I also notice a BUG . If you are testing this and you bring down your arm . Bringing it back up inmedietly will NOT show the face. A STUPID  bug because I can see the time in my watch and invariable I need to see it again a second later.. The faces are irrelevant . The key lies on a reset time  to be ready to show the face again. Also .. the water proof and Dry features seem to crash something in the mechanism to show the face.  Id LOVE a phone app (ON THE PHONE)  that could control the watch NOONE has fingers THAT small. My old ASUS never gave me a day of problems but it was VERY simple. SAMNSUNG seems to be enamoured with the more stuff youput in there the more convinient it will be.  WRONG!

0 Likes
MIckavellian
Student
Options
REALLY this is YOUR recommendation ? What is SAMSUNG saying ?
0 Likes
Alabang90210
First Poster
Options

My gesture function won't return to functionality even after a full reset  Any other fixes? I am frustrated with this watch!