Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch - Watch face not reappearing when lifting or twisting wrist

(Topic created on: 03-07-2019 05:59 AM)
redhotmouse
Apprentice
Options

Initially when I lifted my arm or twisted my wrist the watch would appear instantly, which was brilliant!

I added a few apps and (like you do) had a play around with my fancy new watch.  It then decided not to do that anymore .. which I assumed was because I'd switched something off or whatever whilst fiddling.  I then needed to press a button or turn the bezel for the watch face to appear.

I then tried to retrace my steps but nothing worked.  In the end I reset the watch and lo and behold everything came back as before.  Happy days.

I've been customising the watch again today and it's happened again.  I want the watch face so it appears when I look at it (not have to push buttons or the bezel) and for it to switch to black after (say) ten seconds.  I'd rather not have to reset it again (though that' is an option of course).  Which setting do I need to return to to get it to do that !?

Thanks in advance.

David

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35
guntin
First Poster
Options

agreed, wrist flip doesnt work even after  adv.settings>goodnight set off and reset,  keen to know. Ever since i have got his as a gift not a good experience.

KiloVictor
First Poster
Options

In my case, the donot disturb mode was activated (or rather, it was automatically synchronized from my phone settings). Once I deactivated this thing, my watchface started appearing again after lifting/twisting my hand.

0 Likes
HMP1
First Poster
Options

I found it. Make sure do not disturb is turned off in your Samsung Wear settings and make sure that your wake up gestures are set the same in your Wear settings as your watch.

0 Likes
ChrissieMaas
First Poster
Options

My watch did that as well and I simply deactivated the goodnight mode and that did the trick. I dont sleep with my watch on anyway.

0 Likes
Paulstrange
Student
Options

I have tried all of the tips shared. I have solved mine just now.  Swipe down from the top to display the quick set features. Slide to the second page swipe to the right and you will see a thing called theatre mode. Turn that off.  Then in my settings under advanced I have put My bezel to switched off and my tap screen is switched off.  All is now working  

Monobrow
First Poster
Options

Make sure the theater mode is off, I've just this second done it and I'm now cured !

0 Likes
Zapata4u
First Poster
Options
That’s correct. I had the same issue and then I put goodnight mode to off and everything seems to be fine now. Thanks for the useful tip.
0 Likes
ChrissieMaas
First Poster
Options

Glad it worked for you! You're welcome!

0 Likes
Dev4
First Poster
Options

Turning off theatre mode worked for me

ShelbyNg
First Poster
Options

Problem solved! Thanks a lot for your advice!

0 Likes