Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch - Watch face not reappearing when lifting or twisting wrist

(Topic created on: 28-03-2019 07:53 PM)
redhotmouse
Apprentice
Options

Initially when I lifted my arm or twisted my wrist the watch would appear instantly, which was brilliant!

I added a few apps and (like you do) had a play around with my fancy new watch.  It then decided not to do that anymore .. which I assumed was because I'd switched something off or whatever whilst fiddling.  I then needed to press a button or turn the bezel for the watch face to appear.

I then tried to retrace my steps but nothing worked.  In the end I reset the watch and lo and behold everything came back as before.  Happy days.

I've been customising the watch again today and it's happened again.  I want the watch face so it appears when I look at it (not have to push buttons or the bezel) and for it to switch to black after (say) ten seconds.  I'd rather not have to reset it again (though that' is an option of course).  Which setting do I need to return to to get it to do that !?

Thanks in advance.

David

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35
dimitris17563
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the Galaxy watch 2 days and i had also the same problem. First time i made reset and everything was fine again. But today happened again. Finally i gound out that the problem was with the goodnight mode. That happened because i was sitting on my desk and Samsung watch decided that i am sleeping! Maybe Samsung wants us to run for 16 hours and sleep 8 hours per day for the watch to work right? 

Anyway its a great watch and i hope there will be many updates to correct all bugs and problems.

0 Likes
erictolsson
First Poster
Options
This fixed the problem for me too. Thanks!
0 Likes
Lovelesswrists
First Poster
Options
Thank you! This has been driving me nuts and nobody else had a simple solution. I certainly didn't want to reset it and have to redo Samsung pay. This worked like a charm.
0 Likes
KenFromIllinois
First Poster
Options

I also found that good night mode "on" caused the wrist movement to not open the screen. Thanks for the great hint!

PG2019
First Poster
Options

I have not downloaded any apps at all and the wrist flip time isn't working. 

0 Likes
if3chi
First Poster
Options

@Mjølner wrote:

It happened to me too! I found out it was the goodnight mode being turned on that caused this (its under the advanced menu).

This worked for me. 

0 Likes
StickyMick
First Poster
Options

This has been bugging me for some time too. Seems to me that it only happens when the watch is on my wrist. I bring my hand up to see the time and the face doesn't light up sometimes. When the watch is off my wrist and just laying on a flat surface just lifting it up wakes it up. Checked all the settings but can't see anything amiss.

0 Likes
Westy66
First Poster
Options
Brilliant - thanks 👍
0 Likes
asedatp
First Poster
Options

Yeah. This is the solution. Thanks.

0 Likes
nt4991
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue, but when I turned off goodnight mode and it started working immediately again! Thanks!