Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Restart HR sensors

(Topic created on: 07-03-2019 01:12 PM)
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@AntS Hi Ants hope your well.

Not sure you will recall but I have been trying since 7th September to work out what is hapening with the HR sensors during workouts, as Im still here pestering you, take it that Ive conceded defeat :winking-face: 

My question is, when using Gear Tracker or Under Armour Record the HR seems fine even during intense workouts, looking into it further, it appears that Gear Tracker restarts the HR sensors when they fail, which they do a lot. During a 60 minute workout the Galaxy Watch HR sensor failed and was restarted 29 times by Gear Tracker, resulting in 100% better data reading at the end.

If a standalone developer (Gear Tracker) can do this with limited resources why on earth cant Samsung? Its been 7 months, you have recieved potentially 100s of data dumps yet still it is failing massively for many users. It really is hard to understand Samsungs thinking behind this, if they cant solve it then outsource it to Gear Tracker to help you?

He is selling GT for a measly £4, pay him some money and let him help you fix the issues, Im sure you will pass this on to the powers that be :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AntS
Options

Hi @GaryBrett. I'm good, thanks! Apart from the obvious Galaxy Watch issues, hope things are well with you too. :smiling-face:

There does seem to be better results with third-party software reported back from peeps, I've noticed. :thinking-face::winking-face:

Did you get any more contact from our American friends?

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@AntS Thanks for the response much appreciated, you best get some rest and be ready for the Galaxy Active crowd incoming :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I can confirm those 2 apps really do improve things, unfortunately UA Record batters the battery life on GW so not a long term solution and Gear Tracker needs Strava to sync back to S health, not a great problem Ill admit.

I understand Samsung are aware of Gear Tracker as they passed it in Galaxy Apps and I think the author has a lot of contact with them according to the beta group, curious as to why Samsung havnt used his knowledge to make your life easier?

Regarding the Samsung secret service, the last I heard was they had fixed it back in November I think, I installed that update and to be fair things got worse. It now fails to track HR on 'Other Workouts', & 'Automatic tracked walks' at all and using 'Circuit Training' I have to restart the watch possibly 4-5 times during the workout before I give up and just crack on :smiling-face:

I'll be interested to see how the Active tracks if its using the same software & sensors, not enough to buy one but interested none the less.

0 Likes