Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Rapid Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 29-10-2018 07:40 PM)
DalBoy
Journeyman
Options

After updating my Galaxy Watch 46mm two days ago my battery is draining rapidly. Less than 8 hours to go flat.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Before the update I was on a great 4 to 5 days before needing a charge.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

159 REPLIES 159
MItchk
Journeyman
Options

must admit its probably the only fault reported that I don't have.

my 46mm will last a good 3 days

0 Likes
jaywv6299
First Poster
Options

I updated my Galaxy Watch 10/26/2018 at noon and then performed a full charge (was at 15%).  Woke up this moring with only 41% battery remaining and I have been getting 5 days on a charge.  I have been very happy with this watch until this update.

DalBoy
Journeyman
Options

I have temporarily reset my Watch and turned off auto updates. Battery back to full and holding charge. I appreciate this isn't ideal but hopefully Samsung will release a fix soon. 

creepyg
Explorer
Options

Think it's the Gear app that's the issue. I had the firmware update for my watch last week. All was fine. Got the Gear/Galaxy (whatever it's calling itself now) app update 2 days ago and the battery life of my watch has been noticeably impacted. Probably a day and a half less since the app update. Very frustrating as I was getting close on 5 days prior. 

GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Yep, my Gear app updated itself on Saturday too, was easily getting 4+ days before now 100% - 9% in 13 hours.

Oddly the battery usage is now showing as watch faces being the biggest user, before the update it was always Samsung Health so I have no idea what they tried to fix and broke with that update 😞 

Was 100% again at 8am today, now at 10:30am and its 76%, may try resettimng my phone to an old backup to grab the pervous wearable app version..

0 Likes
DalBoy
Journeyman
Options

I just reset the watch and turned auto update off. It's all working fine with nearly 5 days battery again.

SuperSpooner
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue. I actually think its the "Gear Watch Plugin" that is the cause of the drain.

I have tried diabling/uninstalling it but it resets the watch (without warning)

After the reset I get amazing battery life but after time it starts draining again.

What is this "Auto Update" setting you are talking about, I would like to try that?

0 Likes
DalBoy
Journeyman
Options

Hi.

Under the setting in Gear App look for 'About watch' then there is search for update. Below that is a tick box. Allow auto updates. As soon as you reset your watch and it connects and pairs until that box. This has resolved the battery drain issue. Please be aware you won't get any updates and it is possibly a few updates behind on features but no battery drain.

0 Likes
DalBoy
Journeyman
Options

@SuperSpooner wrote:

I have the same issue. I actually think its the "Gear Watch Plugin" that is the cause of the drain.

I have tried diabling/uninstalling it but it resets the watch (without warning)

After the reset I get amazing battery life but after time it starts draining again.

What is this "Auto Update" setting you are talking about, I would like to try that?

Screenshot_20181029-193733_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpg

0 Likes