Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Rapid Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 05-02-2020 10:13 AM)
DalBoy
Journeyman
Options

After updating my Galaxy Watch 46mm two days ago my battery is draining rapidly. Less than 8 hours to go flat.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Before the update I was on a great 4 to 5 days before needing a charge.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

159 REPLIES 159
AMANTE01
First Poster
Options

Same here.  100% at 9am 5% by noon

0 Likes
Basa92
Student
Options

After 1 year and 3 months of satisfaction with my watch, after update on December 30 (R800XXU1DSL1/R800OXA1DSL1) my watch can't make it fully 2 days. Prior to this update the watch was great for 4 days without any problems, now barely 2 days.

What to do, is there any way for me to perform rollback software?

Is Samsung aware of this issue and will he fix it?

djdrobins
Journeyman
Options
The forum says this has been resolved - but i got a Galaxy Active last Friday (3rd Jan 2020) and the battery wont last 24 hours.
Anybody got any joy
0 Likes
CapitolP
Student
Options

See previous post, hopefully this will help

0 Likes
diegolcardona
Apprentice
Options

Hi Paul,

I just put your solution unto action and I am waiting to see results later. I will share them later today.

Thanks!

Felikoz
Student
Options

I have w 42 mm galaxy watch it's battery is draining really fast like I charge it to 100% and after 1h it's 50% percent and also my watch keeps disconnecting from my phone!

It all mostly started happening after the one UI update!

diegolcardona
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

After putting the solution in place, the battery issue was not resolved fully. From 100% to 8% lasted only 1 day and 21 hours, when before, it lasted between 3 to 4 days.

If someone finds another solution, please share it.

0 Likes
Basa92
Student
Options

Paul, did all that you describe in your previous post, but now from barely 2 days I get 2 days and few hours, which is far away from 4 days like it lasted before this last update.

I think they ***** up something with this last december update and hopefully they will fix it soon...

0 Likes
Yessireebob
First Poster
Options

Huge F#$k up by Samsung,  if they don't fix the battery drain issue soon I'm going elsewhere. 

Max two days of battery 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

0 Likes
Kyetiel
Student
Options

Same, I changed my phones and then did a update and now it only goes for about 8 to 10 hours when it used to go for about 4 days  it is the Samsung Galaxy watch 42 mm

0 Likes