Support

Open search

Galaxy Watch Rapid Battery Drain

Observer

With my watch I've never been able to surpass two days, one and a half day at the most. My battery started really suffering three days ago, as my watch bearly reaches 40 minutes. Im really enjoing the clock and the features that comes with it, but the battery is so bad it's unusable. If sombody could help me, it would be real good as I don't really now what to do at this point.

First Poster

My watch lasts four to five hours after a full 8 hours on the charger. Can anyone help please?

Highlighted
First Poster
I agree. Same with me. Mine is linked to my 4G Samsung Galaxy
First Poster

It's actually getting a lot worse day by day

Apprentice

All I can say is that Ive been using my watch for over 1 year now and it has been very stable since the first few months of bad battery life. (posted earlier in this thread)
I regularly get 4 days life out of my 42mm BT watch - I was struggling to get 24 hours before.

All I did was reset the watch. When setting it up from factory reset you are asked to accept a few things - reject everything if possible. There is a setting that constantly sends diagnostic info to samsung and a setting for samsung customisation service which drains battery in background.

My settings are:

minimal widgets, maybe 5 or 6

brightness 4, timeout 15s, auto brightness disabled

wake on tap and button only, not movement or dial

no AOD

dark watchface

do not disturb on schedule

dont use it for sleep tracking (terrible anyway)

BT on and connected to phone permenantly

Wifi off permenently

occasional NFC payments, only turn on when needed

and if I remember airplane mode at night. You could turn off at night but the settings on my watchface reset after restart which is a pain.

Everything else is stock, so my biggest drain (25%) is samsung health which I keep active for everything.

Workout detetion is on but not location tracking.

Ever since doing this I can get 4 days easy.

It all works as expected now but samsung pay is very hit or miss and my biggest complaint. Everythime the app or service updates, I need to remove and add cards again or they dont work.

Hope this helps

Top Liked Authors