Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Rapid Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 05-07-2019 02:09 PM)
DalBoy
Journeyman
Options

After updating my Galaxy Watch 46mm two days ago my battery is draining rapidly. Less than 8 hours to go flat.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Before the update I was on a great 4 to 5 days before needing a charge.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

159 REPLIES 159
Morgan73
Student
Options

I returned one watch and on my second with the same problem. Can't get more than 6-8 hours. Have LTE on (leaving cell phone at home is the point for me) and haven't changed any other default settings e.g. out of the box. Using Bluetooth headphones for 2-5 calls lasting ca 3 minutes each. No 4 day battery life here, not even close. What to do?

artur777
Explorer
Options
Try resetting your smartwatch to factory settings first, then update the software to the last version of One UI. It worked fine for me and I didn't have any battery draining issues since. I get up to 5 days on a single charge when connected via BT and up to 20 hours on LTE/3G only.
If resetting your watch and updating to the last version of One UI doesn't work for you your device may be faulty. Send it back to Samsung and ask for a new device. Hope it helps.
Morgan73
Student
Options

Thanks for your reply!

Already have latest update. This is the second watch from the store with the same problem. 

After searching I realize that the promised 4 days battery instead of the 6 hours I get is only true if I change the settings from factory to tweak in order not to drain it. To me, this is not cool. 

Basically no LTE use is required as well as lowering the screen brightness and turning of Location and Bixby, perhaps a few other tweaks to get it to last. Again, I feel "cheated" because of this, but maybe I shouldn't...

Robb1
First Poster
Options

Have experienced the increased battery drain since software update, draining at 5% per hour. Coincidently bought a new phone at the weekend and transferred the watch over to that, but didn’t install Samsung health on the phone or use it on the watch. The process made the watch reset and I restored settings, but it kept the updated software. I have the watch in normal mode, receiving all my normal notifications and tracking the odd short walk - I am now at 60 hours since the last charge and have 38% battery left. It’s dropping at roughly 1% per hour, which I am very happy with; at this rate I might get 4 days on normal mode!!. Hope this helps some of you - something else to try.

SFlynn
Journeyman
Options

I tried that and it seems to not have worked for me. Dang! 

Being kind never hurts you or another person.
0 Likes
SFlynn
Journeyman
Options

Well,  I did an update on the watch and took off Samsung health and the altitude a d altimeter and now I'm getting excellent battery results !  Only went down 100% to 99% for the course of 3 hours.  I also like the looks  and color of the update. 

Being kind never hurts you or another person.
0 Likes
KevinKT
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. Also after 1 month of use the mins dial sticker has peeled off from 55mins to 35 mins section

Very disappointed with this watch. My gears3 was much better

0 Likes
TeeBear2006
First Poster
Options

I just purchased my watch a week ago and made the mistake of doing the software update... I sold my Fitbit Versa for this watch which would last 3-4 days!!! I saved up for so long to get this watch and was so excited.... then I did the update and my watch lasts a day and a half if i'm lucky... have to charge it everyday-- if they don't fix it, I'm going to return... so upset!!!

artur777
Explorer
Options
This is not supposed to happen. Something must have gone wrong during the update on your device. I suggest you restore your watch to the factory settings and set it up again. You may need to update the software again if your watch prompts you to do so. Sometimes there's a glitch or a bug in the update and the software is not updated properly. Also, some of the apps may get "stuck" and they drain the battery dramatically. After you have restored the watch to the factory settings and set the watch up with your phone again go to the Galaxy Wear app (on your phone) and in the Battery section check which apps use your battery most. You may find out there's one particular app that drains your battery. Try to force stop it and hopefully it solves the issue.
I get 4 and sometimes up to 5 days on a single charge, so you should get more or less the same. Of course, it depends on how much you use your watch. Good luck!
Aleksandermons
Student
Options

With my watch I've never been able to surpass two days, one and a half day at the most. My battery started really suffering three days ago, as my watch bearly reaches 40 minutes. Im really enjoing the clock and the features that comes with it, but the battery is so bad it's unusable. If sombody could help me, it would be real good as I don't really now what to do at this point.å