Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Outdoor Mode

(Topic created on: 09-10-2019 11:13 AM)
m4tthall
Explorer
Options

Hi  

I have been trying to change the brightness of my Galaxy Watch but it says the Outdoor Mode is on and I can't. I don't seem to be able to find Outdoor Mode to turn off? I tried holding the home button like I saw for a post on previous watches but there is no option in there? Sorry, might be my stupid but can't find it anywhere and no reference to it in the manual  

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
Spaceman09
Student
Options
Samsung should definitely allow the user to turn that off, in some occasions it's really unnecessary and the damage to the battery life is significant.
romeishka
Apprentice
Options

Was same on my Gear Sport today due very sunny outside. Just covered my watch screen with a palp for 2-3 seconds and did switch automaticly to normal mode. After uncovering again swapped to outdoor mode. It's works automatically by light sensor on the watch. 

0 Likes
Topo61
First Poster
Options
Worked for me on my Galaxy Watch... thanks
0 Likes
MakuHejime
First Poster
Options

Turn it off. Outdoor mode will be gone just like mine  

0 Likes
Bl6ckSh33p
First Poster
Options

HI. If you have an iphone, you can not turn off outdoor mode. So how to turni it off? Cos if i go out i can not see the aod mode 😞 If i want to change lightning it doesnt allow it cos of outdoor mode. 

0 Likes
romeishka
Apprentice
Options
No matter iphone or android, you can't turn it off it's switch automatically. Just cover with your palm light sensor (in the middle under screen) and you will see how it's come back to your mode.
Noob123
First Poster
Options

Quickest solution I found was to change brightness via the galaxy watch app on phone... Adjusted brightness and it reset outdoor mode off, and back to auto. 

Edke6bnl
First Poster
Options

I adjusted in the app and now is adjustable on the watch thanks

0 Likes
J310
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue a few seconds ago. My fix was to pull down the quick menu from the top, put the watch into power saving mode (this will take 15-45 seconds to complete). Then after it is in the power saving mode, simply revert to power saving mode off. It will take the watch out of outdoor mode and your brightness setting will go back to normal.