Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch One UI update?

(Topic created on: 28-02-2019 01:35 PM)
The_sandman
Explorer
Options

Afternoon all!

Was just curious, looking at videos of the new Galaxy Watch Active, and refrenced on the product page, is the new One UI.

I would assume, like the recent phones, that the Galaxy Watches would get updated to match?

Not seen anything about this posted anywhere so thought this'd be the best place to ask? :smiling-face:

Note9 128GB Midnight Black

Galaxy Watch 46mm

Tab s5e Wi-Fi

Go to solution
16 REPLIES 16
Zammo76
First Poster
Options

So has the Active now been updated to One UI from Tizen OS?

Which presumably means it has access to Google Playstore? If so that'd be brilliant as there are hardly any third party apps available on Tizen.

0 Likes
Archie78
Explorer
Options

No it has not been updated from Tizen - The Active still runs Tizen but has  One UI added to it. The Active watch has a later version of Tizen. We can all assume that the Galaxy Watches will get this update but no time frame has been given. Ive asked Samsung on many occasion and the same answer is given to me each time " No date for software update" Hopefully the delayed software update is to fix the issues relating to steps conting / Heart Rate and floors climbed. My step counter is so off accuarcy its embarrasing for samsung and its a global issue for a lot of Galaxy watch owners. Thats the only reason I can think of for such a long delay in updating the OS for the Galaxy watch

0 Likes
Solution
The_sandman
Explorer
Options

Screenshot_20190527-184708_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpg

To answer my own question, today is when its coming out :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

The update should be live, in the UK at least, for all versions of the Galaxy Watch, its installing on mine now :smiling-face:

Note9 128GB Midnight Black

Galaxy Watch 46mm

Tab s5e Wi-Fi

0 Likes
AbyssalSmoke
Navigator
Options

Has anyone found a way to turn the new charge icon off as it's now lighting up my room at night 🤔 it's the only thing I dislike about this update.

0 Likes
spikey1
Pioneer
Options

Got my update today.

0 Likes
bondbond
First Poster
Options

on the web we see new update to to galaxy watch 46 = 1.5 ui..

still waiting 😞

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Still not showing on mine
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes