Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch - Faces

(Topic created on: 29-12-2018 09:16 PM)
Boner69
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

Just got my Galaxy Watch 46mm all set up and ready to go.

I have read a few posts with regards to the wakening of the watch when lifting your arm. 

As many have said: sometimes it wakes and when it does, it stays awake for too short a time.

I know that there are specific settings to lenghten or shorten this, however it doesnt fix the problem of NOT always coming on when lifting your arm.

You can also hit a button BUT that defeats the purpose of it awakening when lifting your arm.

I would prefer to have the screen "always on" but need a aatch face that will NOT depleat the battery so that it does not last an entire 24 hr time period.

I am just a "newbee" when it comes to this great watch so i would really appreciate some help on some watch face suggestions where I can keep the screen "always on" and it not depleat thr battery life too quickly.

BTW, this really is the TOP OF THE LINE watch on the market.

It leaves Apple (ALL GENS ) IN THE DUST .

I am just hoping that the geniuses at Samsung will continue to focus on THIS WATCH and offer on a consistant basis, updates and improvements to all need help. 

Currently, i would NEVER CHANGE what Samsung offers as long as they DO LISTEN to all Samsung owners and supporters and offer "Fixes and updates" what will keep Samsung in the lead.

Other manufacturers customer service "SUCK" when it comes to assistance, product concerns and simply following up when a customer is in dire need of help. Samsung offers great customer service and has always replied (to me anyways) in a timely manner.

Anyway, I hope to see and hear some great suggestions from any Samsung watch owners who does have some tricks of the trade and some watch face suggestions.

Take care all,

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Boner69

The issue of the watch face not always showing on raising your wrist to look at the watch also affects my Samsung Gear s3 Frontier.

Must be the internal sensors that need a reset as most people tend to leave their watch On all the time.

Sometimes going into that setting on the watch and turn it Off and Back On then turn your watch Off and On can help.

It does not affect me all the time however. Perhaps 1 in 10 times.

There are virtually hundreds of watch faces available to suit all tastes which most having AOD faces.

I personally opt for the black faces as this means black pixels are in an Off state and thus saves battery.

I do not use the AOD option because this will use battery however some available are also black and very minimal again to save battery.

It's a case of thumbing through them.

The one I'm using right now is called from a developer called Gearworld and is named Deep Grey.

Here's a screenshot of the watch face.

Screenshot_20181230-055400_Gear S Plugin.jpg

Good luck with your quest to find a watch dial you like.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Kalle73
Student
Options

@BandOfBrothers I know this thread is quit old, but I am searching desperately for the DeepGrey watch face.

I had to reset my watch and I couldn't do a backup since I lost my phone.... The cloud backup didn't have the face for whatever reason 😞

Hope you can help me

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have you had a look in your settings to see if the watch face is logged in your purchases. 

Unfortunately there is that many it's like a needle in a haystack scenario @Kalle73 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes