Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Designer: unable to connect Active 2 watch

(Topic created on: 23-12-2019 12:02 PM)
Libb
MegaStar
Options

Hi, does here somebody use Galaxy Watch Designer?

I have issue with conencting to the watch from Designer. I'm on the same network as the PC (Windows). The watch is connected to Wi-Fi and responses to ping.

2019-12-23 09_30_36-Administrator_ Windows PowerShell.png

When I try to connect over BT, I uploaded into the phone sdboverbt_160523.apk which I found in the folder C:\Program Files\Galaxy Watch Designer\tizen\tools. When I run it manually I can select BT device and I see the phone in Designer but when I click on it the watch disconnects from the phone:

Screenshot_20191223-092846_sdboverbt.png2019-12-23 09_28_58-Galaxy Watch Designer.pngScreenshot_20191223-092855_sdboverbt.png

When I try to connect throught Wi-Fi, then I cannot add the watch. When I try to Scan devices I got message that nothing was found, when I set the IP manually I got message that the device is not compatible.

2019-12-23 09_31_32-Galaxy Watch Designer.png2019-12-23 09_31_41-Galaxy Watch Designer.png

USB debugging is enabled on all devices.

I'm desperated, what should be wrong?

Watch: Active 2, One UI 1.5, Tizen 4.0.0.7, SOftware R820XXU1BSJ6

Designed version:

2019-12-23 09_17_03-Galaxy Watch Designer.png

Xiaomi 14 Ultra White | Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256GB
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds / Buds2 / Buds2 Pro

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Senni
First Poster
Options

Same problem with the watch active 1, this is going to sound silly but, turning off debugging, closing the deisgner app, restarting the watch, re enabling debbugging, rebooting the watch, re-opening the designer tool worked for me.

I was having the exact same, S7 would connect, ADB over bluetooth would connect, but then when selecting it would disconnect

(Christ my first  post and im sugesting "turn it off and on again" :face-with-tears-of-joy: )

Libb
MegaStar
Options

God bless you, it have worked! :smiling-face:

Xiaomi 14 Ultra White | Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256GB
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds / Buds2 / Buds2 Pro

0 Likes
LUCASMENDESROCH
First Poster
Options

Thanks! Worked for me too!

0 Likes
TiTi59
First Poster
Options

galaxy Watch3, je n'arrive pas a me connecter sur SDBoverBT, j'ai redémarré la montre plus d'une fois et rien .

Pouvez vous m'aider.

0 Likes
PanaClaudiu
First Poster
Options

I never had this problem, but after updating to 4.0.0.7, I couldn't connect the watch to GWS. The solution from this post worked for me, but I had to follow these exact steps (I tried doing the same thing many times, but not in this exact way):

1. Your watch connected to WiFi (same network as your PC), Bluetooth off, Developer off, Debugging on, GWS open, no other watch connected to the WiFi.

2. Turn off debugging.

3. Close GWS.

4. Reboot your watch (I did it by holding the power button).

5. Let the watch connect to WiFi.

6. Turn on debugging.

7. Reboot the watch.

8. Let the watch connect to WiFi.

9. Open GWS - it will asks on your watch for the key to connect, just tap ok and it's done.

Thank you!

0 Likes