Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active on iPhone 8

(Topic created on: 09-07-2019 10:45 PM)
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Hello

My wife is using a Galaxy Watch Active on an iPhone 8 and I found that if the app Samsung Gear (Wearable for iOS) is closed (or ended manually) the watch disconnects. If I reopen the app, the watch connect back, that's acceptable

But the biggest problem is Samsung Health app as it doesn't find the watch back after it has been closed (no matter manually or automatically closed). Simply show an error with : no wearable devices found.

Does anyone have any idea? A temporary solution is to stop Bluetooth and start it back after 5 seconds but it's annoying as you have to do this several times daily.

11 REPLIES 11
TimB57
First Poster
Options

I’m having exactly the same problem. Despite resets, re-pairing, reboots, and everything else suggested online, Samsung Health only connects 2% of the time. Strangely, the Galaxy Watch softwear connects fine - but it doesn’t pass the info to Samsung Health. Unfortunately it makes my watch almost useless because I bought it for the fitness tracking functions.

0 Likes
Seanm57
First Poster
Options

Same problem. Have to turn off Bluetooth on phone. Turn back on. Open Samsung wearables. Click 3 dots. Click connect new device. Then let it re-pair. Then Samsung Health will sync again. Couple that with the limits on how much of your health data you can see, no Apple health integration other than steps.....I’m done with this watch. Here’s hoping Apple starts offering a watch that actually looks like a watch one day. 

0 Likes