Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Active battery life has plummeted

(Topic created on: 31-03-2020 04:33 AM)
Zagreus
Apprentice
Options

I got a Galaxy Active2 for Christmas. It used to go two full days before the battery died. Now it barely lasts 12 hours. I haven't made any changes to the settings and I've used the same watchface for a while now. There have not been any watch updates since Jan 16. I checked just now and it says the software is up to date.

I took a screencap when it was at 33%, 8 hours left, but half an hour later it is at 24% and it says it has six hours left. That's a steep trajectory. Please help.

Screenshot_20200319-110115_Watch Active2 Plugin.jpg

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Zagreus! Has the smartwatch been in either a very hot or very cold location? Have you recently installed new apps onto the smartwatch? When you aren't using the smartwatch, do you use Sleep Mode? Also, have you been using the official charger that came with the watch? 

0 Likes
Zagreus
Apprentice
Options

It has neither been hot nor cold.

I haven't installed any new apps recently.

I put it in sleep mode at night and in the morning it is down to about 75%.

I only use the official charger.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Seans
Journeyman
Options

ive found battery life got worse 

ive recently started doing 10km runs that sucks life straight out of it

0 Likes
Zagreus
Apprentice
Options

Update:

Without making any changes, The watch battery life seemed to have fixed itself. I got almost 2 days on one charge. but then last night the battery went from 40% to 0 in a few hours. And now it's back to rapid draining. It's at 62% after six hours off the charger. Please help.

0 Likes
Zagreus
Apprentice
Options

Update:

Without making any changes, The watch battery life seemed to have fixed itself. I got almost two days on one charge. But then last night the battery went from 40% to 0 in a few hours. And now it's back to rapid draining. It's at 62% after six hours off the charger. Please help.

0 Likes
Solution
Zagreus
Apprentice
Options

From browsing other posts, I figured out how to fix it. I now have normal battery life again. The solution:

1) I went through my notifications apps and deselected a few that I wasn't using

2) I backed up my data (very easy and quick)

3) I did a system reset

4) I restored my data.

It didn't take long and now I'm getting about 2 days on a full charge.

Thanks for nothing, mods.