Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active Sleep Tracking

(Topic created on: 09-11-2019 12:05 AM)
T5iJenn
Student
Options

I've had the Watch Active for 3 days now (previously a Fitbit owner).  I've had sleep tracking on my previous Fitbits, and either the Fitbit or the Watch Active is wildly inaccurate. I was averaging about an hour and a half of deep sleep per night on my Fitbit and my Galaxy Watch Active says zero percent deep sleep.  🤔  Also, for the past two nights, it has two sleep records each night, saying that I was not sleeping (not 'awake', but not even in bed) for about an hour or so.  I was in bed all night so..... the first night I thought it might have to do with DST, but it did it again last night.  Is this what I should expect?

84 REPLIES 84
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

Oh God I've just ordered an active 2 and seen this post :thinking-face:

0 Likes
CouliePJ
Explorer
Options

I have just baught the Active Watch 2. A bit unsure about sleep tracking data, so I recorded it on paper. Last night went to bed/sleep about 11ish but tracking said midnight. Previous Fitbit Versa was far more accurate???

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@CouliePJ wrote:

I have just baught the Active Watch 2. A bit unsure about sleep tracking data, so I recorded it on paper. Last night went to bed/sleep about 11ish but tracking said midnight. Previous Fitbit Versa was far more accurate???

Same here - its a bit hit and miss.  Sometime its about an hour late starting, other times its about correct.  Other issue is that it only occasionally records all data.  Deep sleep is missing with Samsung Health reporting that the watch could not get a consistent heart rate reading.

Jenn4
First Poster
Options

I can't understand how Samsung hasn't figured this out yet. I went from a Fitbit Versa which logged my sleep...no issues. Now, I spend more money for an Active 2 and it won't log a single night! A full night sleep will not happen if I have to wake up and reset the phone and do other things. I should simply be wearing the watch and it should monitor my heartrate and movement, or lack thereof, in the middle of the night. Figure this out Samsung!

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@Jenn4 wrote:

I can't understand how Samsung hasn't figured this out yet. I went from a Fitbit Versa which logged my sleep...no issues. Now, I spend more money for an Active 2 and it won't log a single night! A full night sleep will not happen if I have to wake up and reset the phone and do other things. I should simply be wearing the watch and it should monitor my heartrate and movement, or lack thereof, in the middle of the night. Figure this out Samsung!

Its been better lately for me.  Still get the 'Sleep stages not mesaured' but not as often.  Also sleep start and end times also been pretty accurate.  

0 Likes
MelissaS
Journeyman
Options

I have my active2 now more than a month. And since 4 days ago, it stopped tracking my sleep. Yesterday, i rebooted it and still no results. Is there already a solution for this problem?

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

When you say that its not tracking your sleep - you mean at all, or incomplete like mine often is?

0 Likes
MelissaS
Journeyman
Options

The watch is showing "No sleep data". So nothing at all.

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@MelissaS wrote:

The watch is showing "No sleep data". So nothing at all.

OK.  TBH I have never looked at the sleep data on the phone but via the Samsung Health app on my S10.  However just looked at last nights sleep data via the watch and it is complete - shows REM etc and start and end time spot on.  I do wear my watch fairly tight to ensure the monitor is close to my skin.  

0 Likes
CouliePJ
Explorer
Options

It varies alot, don't think it is as good and accurate as FitBit.

Certainly worried about Deep Sleep!

0 Likes