Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active Sleep Tracking

(Topic created on: 24-07-2019 11:08 AM)
T5iJenn
Student
Options

I've had the Watch Active for 3 days now (previously a Fitbit owner).  I've had sleep tracking on my previous Fitbits, and either the Fitbit or the Watch Active is wildly inaccurate. I was averaging about an hour and a half of deep sleep per night on my Fitbit and my Galaxy Watch Active says zero percent deep sleep.  🤔  Also, for the past two nights, it has two sleep records each night, saying that I was not sleeping (not 'awake', but not even in bed) for about an hour or so.  I was in bed all night so..... the first night I thought it might have to do with DST, but it did it again last night.  Is this what I should expect?

84 REPLIES 84
Jussi
First Poster
Options
Please repair this Samsung
Drifter
First Poster
Options

I was using the Fitbit Versa and loved it but I needed a watch that did more so I bought the galaxy Watch. I have only had it for two days but on the first day I was playing games and it said that I was sleeping with different sleep cycles? I am chalking it up to a new watch and operator error. Hopefully it will monitor my sleep better as I need the monitoring for health reasons. If it doesn't work out I will be going back to the versa but I hope it works I really like the watch. 

0 Likes
Boxer17
Apprentice
Options

If you need accurate sleep tracking for health reasons, I would advise returning the Galaxy Watch Active while you still can.  I have had mine for months now and the sleep tracking is still very finicky.   There are many nights with a gap of an hour or two where it doesn't track in the middle of the night.  Ironically it also likes to track that I am sleeping sometimes when I am sitting on the couch watching TV.  I've resigned to just accepting that the sleep tracking is hit or miss because I like enough else about the watch that I didn't want to return it.  

0 Likes
NBala89
Student
Options

Its the end of July 2019. I've just received my Galaxy Watch. Its sleep tracker works pretty accurate for me with about an hour of deep sleep at night :smiling-face: i hope your issues have been fixed by now

0 Likes
Boxer17
Apprentice
Options

Please report back after you've had it for a month or so.  Sleep tracking seems to work well for maybe a week or so after a factory reset...

Billybairn62
Apprentice
Options

Had my SWA for just over a week now, and to say the sleep tracking is intermittent is an understatement!!

Followed some advice from this and other foums and looked like I had cracked it. Sleep was recorded correctly, with no large gaps, over three consecutive nights. Then last night, I get a 5 hour gap in the record!!

Obviously this is an ongoing issue, and the fact that Samsung have not responded, or even acknowledged that there is a problem, shows how they hold their customers in disdain.

Come on, Samsung, at least admit there is a problem. Don't keep your customers in the dark. I would certainly not recommend the Active watch to any prospective buyers at this stage!

0 Likes
JDH68
First Poster
Options

I have lost all faith in the data from the Galaxy Active Watch largely because of the Samsung Health sleep data. The sleep data I get is completely useless which then just makes me doubt all the other data. The only thing I am sure about is that the time is correct!

0 Likes
Billybairn62
Apprentice
Options

Whisper it..........I got a watch update last Tuesday (27th August) and since then, sleep tracking has been perfect.

Not sure if this update has fixed whatever issue was causing the lack of tracking, or it was because the watch was reset, but I haven't had such a long period of complete sleep tracking since I got the watch.

I hope I haven't jinxed myself by posting on here! Will give it another week and report back!

0 Likes
Billybairn62
Apprentice
Options

@Billybairn62 wrote:

Whisper it..........I got a watch update last Tuesday (27th August) and since then, sleep tracking has been perfect.

Not sure if this update has fixed whatever issue was causing the lack of tracking, or it was because the watch was reset, but I haven't had such a long period of complete sleep tracking since I got the watch.

I hope I haven't jinxed myself by posting on here! Will give it another week and report back!

Happy to report that sleep tracking is still working 100% since the update happened.

Has anyone else experienced better tracking since a recent update? Wouldbe interesting to see if this is localised, or more global.

SnowWight
Student
Options

Yes! I have also noted this. Now awaiting my Active 2 to arrive! 

0 Likes